"Yeah? What was here before 1924." Dean said. "Nothing. Empty field." Jo replied. "So, most likely scenario, someone died bloody in the building, and now he's back and raising hell." Sam said.

"I already checked. In the past eighty two years, zero violent deaths. Unless you count a janitor who slipped on a wet floor." Jo said to him, then she points the knife behind her at Dean. "Would you sit down, please?" She asked him.

"So, have you checked police reports, county death records..." Dean said, taking a seat next to her. "Obituaries, mortuary reports and seven other sources. I know what I'm doing." Jo replied. "I think the jury's still out on that one." Dean said.

Jo continued flipping her knife. "Could you put the knife down?" I asked her, Jo looks at me and complies. "Okay! So, uh, it's something else, then. Maybe some kind of cursed object that brought a spirit with it." Sam suggested.

"Well, we've got to scan the whole building. Everywhere we can get to, right?" Jo asked. "Right. So. You and me, we'll take the top two floors." I said to Jo, getting up. "We'd move faster if we split up." Jo said, standing up as well. "Oh, this isn't negotiable." I said, eyeing at her.

We each grab a EMF reader, getting ready to head out. I look down at my EMF, checking it over real quick. "Be careful." I heard a familiar voice say. I lifted my head to be met by Sam's eyes as he was now suddenly right next to me. "Y-Yeah. You be careful too." I stammered, flashing an awkward smile.

He smiles back and nodded heading to the door. Once he walk away, I saw Jo was standing near by watching us. We made eye contact and she raise an eyebrow at me. I clear my throat and look back down at my EMF.

Later, Jo and I were walking down a dim hallway with our EMFs out. "So when are you gonna sack up and tell Sam you like him?" Jo asked, breaking the silence. "Oh my god." I groan, looking up at the ceiling. "I saw you how you two were when you played that arcade game. And then again when you were holding his hand last week." She said.

"Jo stop." I said, exasperated. "Come on, (Name). When we were kids, you told me you were gonna marry this Sam Winchester boy. You two seem to be really close. Why don't you just bite the bullet and go for it?" She asked.

"Because it's complicated Jo!" I exclaimed, stopping to look at her. "It's only complicated because you're making it complicated." She said. "You know, I thought we were here to work a case. Not talk about my non-existing love life." I said, spreading my arms a little in irritation.

"All I'm saying is, if you really like him you need to go for it. Before some new pretty face comes along and catches his eye. Sam gonna get tired of waiting." Jo said. "All right, I'm done having this conversation." I said, continuing down the hallway. "Just trying to look out for you, (Name)." Jo said, following me.

"You know, it's bad enough Dean lied to your mom, but if you think I'm letting you out of my sight... I don't know if you've noticed, but you're kind of the spirit's type." I said. "Exactly." Jo said. "You wanna be bait?" I asked her. "Quickest way to draw it out and you know it." She replied.

"Oh." I muttered. "What?" She asked. "I'm so regretting this." I grumbled. "Don't tell me you're afraid you won't be the boys's favorite anymore." Jo said, I stop in my tracks, holding out my arm to stop her.

"This isn't about favorites Jo. And this isn't some stupid romcom either. You're an amateur. You have no experience. What you do have is a bunch of half-baked romantic notions that some barflies put in your head." I said, serious. "Now you sound like my mother." She said, glaring at me.

"Oh, and that's a bad thing? Jo, you still got options. I know this is about you dad but no one in their right mind would choose this life. Bobby tried to give me options and none of them worked out for me. I can't even imagine doing anything else. But I wish I could." I said. "You love the job." Jo said.