Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things

Start from the beginning

"No, I asked him. No pesticide, no chemicals. Nobody can explain it." Dean said. "Okay, so what are you thinking?" I asked. "I dunno. Unholy ground, maybe?" He replied. "Un..." Sam said, stopping speechless. "What? If something evil happened there, it could easily poison the ground. Remember the, the farm outside of Cedar Rapids?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, b..." Sam tried to say, but Dean interrupted him. "Could be the sign of a demonic presence. Or the, the Angela girl's spirit, if it's powerful enough." He said, Sam nods and turns away. "Well, don't get too excited, you might pull something." Dean said, sarcastically.

"It's just... stumbling onto a hunt? Here, of all places?" Sam said, stopping by the passenger side. "So?" Dean asked, walking around to the driver's side. "So... are you sure this is about a hunt, and not about something else?" Sam asked him. "What else would it be about?" Dean asked.

Sam sighs heavily, shaking his head. "You know, just forget about it." He said, opening the car door about to get in. "You believe what you want, Sam, but... I let you drag my ass out here, the least we could do is check this out." Dean said to him

"Yeah. Fine." Sam replied. "Okay, so where do we start?" I asked Dean. "Girl's dad works in town. He's a professor at the school." He replied, opening the driver side door and getting in the car.

Dean knock on the door of Dr. Mason's office, a second later the door is open by an older man. "Dr. Mason?" Dean asked. "Yes?" The man replied. "I'm Sam. This is Dean and (Name). We were friends of Angela's. We... we wanted to offer our condolences." Sam said.

"Please, come in." Dr. Mason said, stepping aside for us. We enter the office and he closes the door behind us. Sitting down, he shows Sam and I a photo album. In the corner, Dean is looking through an old book. "She was beautiful." Sam said to Mason, as we look through the photo album. "Yes, she was." Dr. Mason said, sadly.

"This is an unusual book." Dean said, showing the cover of the book he's been paging through. It has carvings of Greek letters and a triangular symbol. "It's ancient Greek, I teach a course." Dr. Mason said. Dean looks at the book for a moment then place it back on the shelf.

"So a car accident, that's, that's horrible." Dean said, walking over to us. "Angie was only a mile away from home when, uh..." Dr. Mason said, unable to say anymore. "It's gotta be hard. Losing someone like that. Sometimes it's like they're s... still around. Almost like you can still sense their presence." Dean said, making Sam and I look at him with concern.

"You ever feel anything like that?" Dean asked Dr. Mason. "I do, as a matter of fact." He replied. "That's perfectly normal, Dr. Mason. Especially with what you're going through." Sam said to Dr. Mason, while still looking at Dean.

"You know, I still phone her. And the phone's ringing before I remember that, uh.... Family's everything, you know? Angie was the most important thing in my life. And now I, I, I'm just lost without her." Dr. Mason said, looking down in despair. "We're very sorry." I said to him, apologetically. Dr. Mason doesn't respond, his lips just begins to tremble as he tries not to break down.

"I'm telling you, there's something going on here. We just haven't found it yet." Dean said to us, in the boys's motel room. "Dean, so far you've got a patch of dead grass and nothing." Sam said, from the bathroom as he washes his hands.

"Well, something turned that grave into unholy ground." Dean said. "There's no reason for it to be unholy ground. Angela Mason was a nice girl who died in a car crash. That's not exactly vengeful spirit material. You heard her father." I said.

"Yeah, well, maybe Daddy doesn't know everything there is to know about his little angel, huh?" Dean suggested. "You know what? We never should have bothered that poor man. We shouldn't even be here anymore." Sam said, coming out of the bathroom, annoyed.