"No, no werewolf, the lunar cycle's not right. Plus, if it was a creature, it would've left some kind of trace. It's probably a spirit." Sam said as I look down at the blood on carpet. I squinted at it, tilting my head a little. "(Name)?" Sam said. I lifted my gaze from the carpet to look at the boys. "Do we got any masking tape?" I asked.

Dean handed me some masking tape from his toolbox and I used it to connect each pool of blood. When I was done, the pieces of tape form an unusual symbol. "Ever see that symbol before?" Sam asked us. "Nope." I replied. "Never." Dean said. "Me neither." Sam muttered and we exchange a look.

That night, Sam and I enter the bar Meredith work at, Dean was already inside, asking about her. We looked around and found an empty table, sitting down. Sam took out his father's journa, leafing through the pages, and shortly, Dean sits down across from us. "I talked to the bartender." He said.

"Did you get anything?" I asked. "Besides her number?" Sam added, Dean looked at him insulted. "Dude, I'm a professional. I'm offended that you would think that." He replied, we gave him a knowing look. "All right, yeah." He chuckles and holds up a napkin with the bartender's phone number on it.

"You mind doing a little bit of thinking with your upstairs brain, Dean?" Sam asked him. "Huh? Look, there's nothing to find out. I mean, Meredith worked here, she waited tables, everyone here was her friend. Everybody said she was normal. She didn't do or say anything weird before she died, so... what about that symbol, you two find anything?" Dean asked.

"Nope, nothing. It wasn't in Dad's journal or in any of the usual books." Sam said. "We just have to dig a little deeper, I guess." I said, taking the newspaper article about Meredith, skimming over it. "Well, there was a first victim, right? Before Meredith?" Dean asked.

"Right. Yeah." Sam said, before he pulls out a newspaper clipping concerning the first death. "His name was, uh... his name was Ben Swardstrom." He said, handing the clipping to Dean. "Last month he was found mutilated in his town house. Same deal... the door was locked, the alarm was on." He explained.

"Is there any connection between the two of them?" Dean asked. "Not that we can tell... I mean, not yet, at least." I said, setting the newspaper clipping I was holding down. "Ben was a banker, Meredith was a waitress. They never met, never knew anyone in common... they were practically from different worlds." Sam explained.

"So, to recap, the only successful intel we've scored so far is the bartender's phone number." Dean said, smirking. I sigh and shook my head. Then I notice someone that looked very familiar on the other side of the room.

I looked at Sam, about to ask him if what I'm saying is right. But he was already looking in that direction. Dean looks around. "What?" He asked, confused. Sam and I got up and walked over to the familiar person. "Sam? (Name)?" Dean called out to us.

We reach the another table, where a young woman with short blonde hair is seated with her back to us. Sam puts his hand on her shoulder, and she turns around. "Meg." We both said surprised. "Sam! (Name)!" She said, just as surprised. We looked at her, curiously.

"Sam! (Name)! Is that you? Oh, my God!" Meg said, excitedly. She stands up to hug both of us. Sam and I glance at each other during the group hug, slightly puzzled. We pull away a few seconds later. "What are you doing here?" She asked us.

"We're just in town, visiting friends." Sam replied, Meg looks around. "Where are they?" She asked. "Well, they're not here right now, but what about you, Meg?" Sam asked her. "Yeah, we thought you were going to California." I said, as Dean walks over to join us.

"Oh, I did. I came, I saw, I conquered. Oh, and I met what's-his-name, something Michael Murray at a bar." She replied. "Who?" Sam asked, confused. "Oh, it doesn't matter. Anyway, the whole scene got old, so I'm living here for a while." Meg said.