"Where are your folks?" Sam asked her. "They live in Paris for half the year, so they're on their way home now for the trial. Do you guys want a beer or something?" Rebecca asked us as we enter the kitchen. "Hey..." Dean said, pointing at her as he smiles. "No, thanks. So, tell us what happened." Sam said, making Dean frown.

"Well, um, Zack came home, and he found Emily tied to a chair. And she was beaten up and bloody, and she wasn't breathing." Rebecca starts to cry as she continues explaining. "So, he called 911, and the police... they showed up, and they arrested him. But, the thing is, the only way that Zack could've killed Emily is if he was in two places at the same time. The police... they have a video. It's from the security tape from across the street. And it shows Zack coming home at 10:30. Now, Emily was killed just after that, but I swear, he was here with me, having a few beers until at least after midnight."

"You know, maybe we could see the crime scene. Zack's house." Sam said. "We could." I said. "Why? I mean, what could you do?" Rebecca asked. "Well, me, not much. But (Name) is cop, remember?" Sam said, looking at me. I look back at him, panicked.

He gives me a pleading look to go along with it. I chuckle nervously. "Detective, actually. I was promoted recently." I said to Rebecca. "Really?" Rebecca asked me, I nodded. "Where?" She asked me. "Bisbee, Arizona. But I'm off-duty now." I said, quickly.

"You guys, it's so nice to offer, but I just... I don't know." Rebecca said, nervous. "Bec, look, I know Zack didn't do this. Now, we have to find a way to prove that he's innocent." Sam said, Rebecca looks at each of us and nods. "Okay. I'm gonna go get the keys." She said and she walks away, down the hall.

Dean whistles. "Oh, yeah, man, you're a real straight shooter with your friends." He said to Sam. "Look, Zack and Becky need our help." Sam said. "I just don't think this is our kind of problem." Dean told him. "Two places at once? We've looked into less." Sam said and Dean says nothing, defeated.

"By the way, give me a heads up next time you give me fake job like that." I said to Sam. "Right. Sorry I forgot about that till recently." He said. "Oh yeah, how come you tell your college buddies about her but not your own family?" Dean asked, eyeing Sam in slight irritation.

"Dean. Every time I talk about wanting a normal life, you and Dad either didn't wanna hear it or would tell me why I could never have that. (Name) was the only one to actually listen and supported me." Sam explained.

Dean stares at his brother for a moment then turn to look over at me. "What? It's Sam's life. No one else can live it but him." I told him, but Dean didn't give me any kind of reply. He just looked at me with this cold judging look in his eyes, that made me look away in shame. Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut.

When Rebecca return with the keys we headed over to Zack's house to investigate the crime scene. "You're sure this is okay?" Rebecca asked me as we got out of the Impala. "Why not? She is an officer of the law after all." Dean muttered, in annoyed tone that made me drop my gaze to the ground.

We unlock the front door and enter the house, except for Rebecca who stays on the porch steps. The furniture and walls of the house are smeared with blood. "Bec, you wanna wait outside?" Sam asked her. "No. I wanna help." Rebecca said and she ducks under the police tape to enter the house.

"Tell us what else the police said." Sam said, Rebecca starts tearing up again as she explains. "Well, there's no sign of a break-in. They say that Emily let her attacker in. The lawyers... they're already talking about plea bargain." She looks around the room, crying. "Oh, God...."

"Look, Bec, if Zack didn't do this, it means someone else did. Any idea who?" Sam asked her. Rebecca shakes her head, then seems to remember something. "Um, there was something, about a week before. Somebody broke in here and stole some clothes... Zack's clothes. The police... they don't think it's anything. I mean, we're not that far from downtown. Sometimes people get robbed."