“Wow, though they would’ve held up better..” I said standing up, “I have to agree, though, and I am going to change because I feel like a jumped into a pool of B/O.”

                I scooped up my soccer bag and backpack as I walked toward the stairs. “Ugh!” I groaned, taking the first step. “Ugh!” And that continued all the way to the top. I shuffled my way across the hall to my bedroom and shut the door.

                Slowly, I plugged my phone into my speakers and started blaring an old Avril Lavigne song and headed to my bathroom. I pulled down my sweat stained red shorts and stripped out of the matching top, examining the black 21 on the back, front, and shoulders. Finally, I stood naked in the shower, letting the hot water soothe my sore muscles.

                Stepping out of the water, I wrapped a fluffy, pink towel around my body and then another on my head before heading into my room where I saw Sam sitting on my bed, an amused grin on his face. “Feel successful?” I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

                He looked down at my bare legs before slowly making his way up to my eyes. “Yes actually, I do.” I got in response, followed by a wink.

                I shook my head and ruffled his curls as I strode past him to my chest drawers. I pulled out a bra and a pair of panties followed by a green Guy Harvey shirt and a pair black Nike shorts. “Now go!” I shouted at Sam, watching his smile fade as he groaned in disappointment.

                “Fine!”

                I chuckled at his response before pulling on all four of my garments and yanking a brush through my dark, wet hair. I clicked my stereo off and walked out of the room. I took a left and marched my way into Sam’s room where he was busy playing Call of Duty on his Xbox. “Why do you like that? A bunch of narcissistic, love-deprived, guys create a game where you have the choice of killing zombies or one another. I think it’s pointless.” I told Sam as I plopped down beside him on the floor.

                “Babe, this,” he gestured toward the screen, “is not pointless. It gives you a glimpse of what would happen during a zombie apocalypse.”

                I rolled my eyes, “Very intelligent reply,” I scoffed.

                Suddenly, the game paused. “Grab that controller.” He instructed me. I looked to where his finger was pointing and picked it up. “Now, press that center button.” I did as I was told and watched the device light up.

                “What’s the point of this?” I asked him.

                He smirked at me, his green eyes shining. “You’re going to play.”

                20 minutes later I had been completely and utterly addicted to what I had thought was a pointless video game. Let’s just say, just because I like it, doesn’t mean I was any good at it.

                “Shoot!” I cursed at the sudden sound of gunshots to my right, “Sam! Stop”

                A deep chuckle beside me made a smile come upon my face. “Babe, that’s how the game is! Girlfriends are no exceptions!” I peered at him out of the corner of my eye and saw his green eyes glued to the flatscreen in front of us.

                “Whatever!” I shouted, throwing down the control and storming out. I’m a sore loser..

                “Cammei! Wait!” I heard his voice behind me along with the patter of fingers on a control. I rolled my grey eyes and headed to the “theater” at the end of our upstairs hall. 

                I took a seat in one of the black, leather recliners and snatched up the remote that turned on the DVD player. I popped in The Last Song and switched on the television. This is what I like, a depressing Nicholas Sparks’ movie that makes me sob. I heard a cough to my right and looked over and smiled at the sight in front of me. Sam in his grey, sweats shirtless holding a two pillows.

                “Care if I join the sob fest?” He asked with a smile.

                I clasped my hands over my heart, “Oh, Sammy!” He cringed at the nickname I gave him, “I would love it!” A smile spread from my lips to my eyes as he made his way over and sat beside me, tossing a pillow at my face. “Rude!” I shouted.

                He stuck his tongue out at me before throwing a tan, muscular arm around my shoulders. His touch never failed to make my heart race.. I cleared my throat.

                “Well, I plan on actually watching this and not talking! It’s my favorite!” I said sending him a look that said ‘so be quiet’.

                In his best girly voice, he replied, “Oh, girl. Liam Hemsworth’s body? Whew!” I bent over, my sides hurting from the strength of my laugh.

                I wiped a tear from my eye and nodded in agreement. “Shh, shh! Here it is!” I said pointing to the sudden view of Miley Cyrus in front us.

                Sam repositioned his arm around me and I molded into it, perfectly. In that moment, I swear we were infinite.