“Mmhm! Don’t worry, though. Nothing is going to happen just yet. I have a feeling he could be the one, and I don’t want to mess it up..” I replied, looking down in embarrassment.

                All I got in response was silence and three pairs of wide eyes. Finally, Anna Kate broke it. “Wow, I never thought I would here you say that. Ever. Like it’s insane.”

                I didn’t get a chance to reply before my dad blew his loud, familiar whistle. “Girls! Let’s go! Hustle up!” All 20 of the girls jogged onto the middle of the field and took a seat around “Coach”. He insists that I call him that.

                “Lover boy’s totally checking out his hot babe,” Tara whispered into my ear. I chuckled before jumping at the sound of my dad’s hands clasping together.

                “Alright, ladies, as you know, we have our first game this Friday against Weir, and I will not tolerate a loss. We will advance to playoffs again this year! Now, three laps! Go!” He barked at a groaning group of girls. “Wanna make it four?”

                “No Coach!” We all shouted in unison.  I stood up and followed the stream of red and black jerseys in front of me.

                ‘In through the nose, out through the mouth,’ I repeated inside my head.

                Finally, I came to halt at the end of three laps and placed my hands on my knees. “Come on Riter! Positions!” My dad shouted at me. I groaned and ran to the center of the field and took my place, Midfielder. A heard a whistle blow, starting the first of many practices for our Spring season.

2 Hours Later

                “I’m home!” I called out as I threw my keys onto the granite countertop.

                “Hi, Honey!” my mom shouted from the living room, “come here!” I picked up my bags and walked across the foyer into the spacious room where I saw her sitting, watching one of her few shows that actually entertain the child-at-heart woman.

                “What’s up?” I asked plopping down onto the leather couch, enjoying the feeling as I sank down into it.

                “How was it?” She questioned me. I smiled, knowing that she had already heard Cameron and Sam’s side of the story.

                “It was great! Felt good to be back out there! I can’t say that I’m not sore, though!” I told my mom while I pulled out my sweaty, ponytail. “Track and soccer combined are going to be the death of me!”

                She chuckled and picked up her bottle of water. “The boys had a whole different perspective. Said that, quote, ‘I swear if I have to walk anymore tonight I’ll puke’ before going upstairs and I’m guessing falling asleep.” Both of us burst out laughing.