"Were you now?" Miles looked back at Gianna with a sly grin on his face.

"He brought it up." Gianna said matter of factly.

He ignored her comment and continued to engage in conversation with Jared. "Gianna here always tells me how much my work inspires her but I think she's a great writer on her own." Miles' comment made her mouth slightly drop but she quickly closed it. "You let him read the one about the fairy, Miss Graye?"

Jared spoke up before Gianna could, "Nah, I was just tryna convince her to let me read them earlier." He looked at her and they exchanged small smiles.

"Well, it was nice to see you, Gianna."

"Right." She took another sip of the red wine. "I'll see you Tuesday."

"No, Wednesday. I'll be out on Tuesday. Oh and Gianna? Make sure you turn in your chapter draft, your grades are starting to slip because of all of the late work. Y'all have a good night." She didn't even say anything, just waited for Miles to walk away. She was actually sick of looking at him and talking about him.

"Your grades really slipping?" Jared asked, slightly surprised.

"He's lying." Gianna assured him. "Call himself tryna embarrass me." She thought aloud.

Jared chuckled, "He's funny. I gotta read his other books."

"He's not that funny." Gianna kept speaking her thoughts out loud. She grabbed the wine glass and stared at it. "What is this again?"

"1987 Masseto Toscana." Jared took a swig from his large wine glass.

"Wow, that's really old. Was it expensive?"

"1500 a bottle, I think. My grandfather gave it to me when I was signed over this place." He shrugged his shoulders, speaking as if it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Well, it wasn't for him but Gianna tried her best to conceal her shock. The most she got from her grandfather was a cool twenty dollars for her birthday and on Christmas.

Their evening went from amazing to hell for Gianna then back to amazing. She really liked Jared and had a great time with him. She definitely would go on second date with him, it was just that he hadn't asked to go on another.

A couple of days passed and she hadn't heard from him since that night. "Maybe I was reading it wrong and he don't like me forreal. He didn't even try to kiss me at the end of the date." Gianna leaned back on her chair. Clearly she was in her feelings.

"Gianna, please." Brooke giggled as Raven pinned the fabric against her waist. Both girls were modeling for Raven's fashion project and would be wearing her pieces in the school's fall fashion show.

"Why you always attracting dumb niggas?" Raven asked rhetorically.

"He's not a.. nevermind." Brooke quickly stopped her sentence. "Ouch!" Raven purposely pricked her with the sewing pin.

"He's not dumb! That's why I liked him. He's smart, handsome, charming-"

"And rich." Brooke chimed in. "I can't believe he own expensive ass Canlis. Maybe you should've called for a second date."

"I know. I was thinking that." Gianna nodded her as she agreed with Brooke.

"Hell no!" Raven shook her head. "Y'all both too smart to be so stupid. Gigi, it was one date. And he's the first guy you've met since you've been single. You can't limit your options already! Meet some more people before you simp over the first dude that talk sweet to you."

Gianna's loud sigh made Brooke chuckle. "I think she's in love." Brooke got the vibe that Gianna was the type to fall in love after three days. She was correct.

"And you need to stop looking at men as dollar signs." Raven joked as she stood to her feet.

"What else is there to look for?" The girls laughed together while Gianna got up to go to the snack table that was set up.

She squirted hand sanitizer in her hands and rubbed them together while observing what she wanted to get. As she was in the midst of getting snacks for her and her friends, the woman who she recognized as the fashion design teacher approached her.

"Hey honey! Are you one of the models?" Jess asked with a smile plastered on her face and a clipboard in her hand.

Gianna quickly chewed and swallowed the grapes that were in her mouth before returning a smile. "Yes! For Raven Jones over there."

Jess nodded and wrote it down on her paper. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you take Miles Delgado's class?"

She sighed. Heavily. "Yeah I do." Gianna grabbed water bottles for each of them.

"You wouldn't happen to be Gianna?" Jess asked making Gianna's eyes go slim.

"I am how d-"

"Oh good! Mi- Professor Delgado was telling me how amazing your writing is and how you'd be a good asset on our reenactment of The Wiz. His description of you was great by the way. I guess it's a writer thing." Jess laughed lightly.

Her last comment made Gianna want to roll her eyes. She also blamed Miles for scaring Jared off.

"I don't know about that, my schedule is already busy as it is, but I appreciate the offer. Maybe next year." Gianna gave her a small smile before heading back to Raven's post with her snacks in tow.

Jess chewed on her pen cap as she was left standing all alone. Mentioning his name, her mind drifted off to Miles. As soon as she found out he was going to be working at Wright University, the crush she had on him kicked in overtime.

Instead of going at the situation head first, she decided to do some homework and read an article called Five Ways to Get the Man of Your Dreams.

Two pointers stuck out to her the most. One, make the first move and two, make yourself available but not too available. Clearly she wasn't doing that great with the second tip, but she felt like she was making good progress.

Miles Delgado would be hers by the end of the year.

ik this was mad short but i promise i got y'all on the next one 😭 xo 💖