"Have you bitten more than you could chew again? I don't mind kicking some sense into Sirzech and Serafall." It was the duty of the Shield to never back down, no matter the opponent, and it was what attracted Grayfia the most.

"It's...personal."

"If it concerns devils alone, it's not my business." She decided to act, and kissed the Shield Hero right on his lips. What she did not expect was for him to shove her backwards.

"Wha- "

"I love you! I love you so much! Since you rescued me, I've only been thinking about you!" blinking himself out of the state of shock he was in, he spoke.

"I am the Shield. A shield protects. I haven't done anything noteworthy, nor do I know you that well. For this simple reason, I can't reciprocate your feelings." He was reasonably and calmly explaining, so he was surprised when Grayfia screamed and attacked him, her icicles just barely held back by the Shield's Leaf form. 

They were absorbed, and this gave the Hero the opening to retaliate

They were absorbed, and this gave the Hero the opening to retaliate. "Change Shield! Dog Bite!", dog heads sprouted out chasing her out of the house until she escaped in a portal.  

"You will regret this!" she yelled one last time

One hour later a platoon of devils showed up, with Serafall leading them.

"Tate no Yuusha no Eiyuu." Serafall called him how she always did, but her expression was somber. "Serafall, why are you here?"

She sighed. "You are requested by the Maous for a trial. Your trial."

"Trial? On what charges?"

"Sexual assault. Grayfia Lucifuge told us, and since she was injured, all evidence points against you. I don't want to do this violently, so just come with us." He knew he could wipe them all out, but he knew he was innocent. So he complied.

What happened next could only be described as a farce. Trampling on his achievements like it was nothing, the Devils' High Noble Council declared him guilty leaving the word on the punishment. Grayfia's look of superiority and her malicious sneer filled him with a type of rage he never knew.