𝟭𝟲: a weird type of math

Jeno just closes the door and he gets attacked by Renjun right away.

"Okay, I hate lust because it makes a surface-level relationship but sex is still a form of love, so I don't care if you two made love so early. As long as you did it out of affection, I'm happy to succeed in matching you two up!"

Renjun stops talking and takes a deep breath. Gosh, if he wasn't a matchmaker he could be a rapper.

"Hold up," Jeno shakes his head, laughing awkwardly. "What did you just say?"

Renjun stares at Jeno with furrowed eyebrows.

"Wait. I thought you freed your snake out of the cage last night and then injected its venom into the poor bunny or am I wrong?"

"Stop with these code names," Jeno hisses as he pushes Renjun out of his way and walks into the room. "We did nothing for you to cheer me like that."

"Huh?"

Renjun chases after Jeno.

"But you're a sucker for lust... Don't tell me that Jaemin rejected you! That would be kinda epic."

"Listen, Renjun," Jeno sighs as he turns at his friend, "nothing happened. He asked me to sleep with him but like, really sleep. Like a sleepover. That's what we did."

"Oh... That's a relief!" Renjun laughs but his awkward laugh sounds like a cry. But then he burns with passion again. "You guys are just my type! I'm supporting pure love with all of my heart. All the dates and getting to know each other better... kisses and the rest come later!"

Jeno opens his mouth to speak, but Renjun continues, "I knew I didn't miss when I landed my eyes on Jaemin. That guy does look like an old-fashioned love life enthusiast. Exactly a person I love taking care of."

"Congratulations then," Jeno fakes a laugh.

Renjun's mood drops, though.

"Why aren't you happy? Are you disappointed in your match?" he scolds. "Or did something happen but you're hiding it from me?"

"No, I really like Jaemin, it's just..." Jeno pauses, losing words until he gets an idea. "Wait... You're the son of the love God. Don't you guys, whoever works as the matchmakers, know the sexualities of the people you're matching up?"

"No, but we do a little research thing to know who will match well with who," Renjun winks. "There's only five percent that your relationship with Jaemin will end up badly. So use all of your ninety-six percent wisely."

"You meant to say ninety-five percent, right?" Jeno laughs at Renjun's math skills. It looks like he's good at math only when it has c after t.

"What did I say?"

"You said–"

"Anyway, according to my research, Jaemin is seventy percent into boys and his taste is... I think unfunny but soft guys."

Jeno is tired to fight over the "unfunny" part, therefore he asks the thing that bothers him the most. "How is your research even working?"

"Let me continue, will you?" Renjun sighs and he rolls his eyes. "Anyway, your results are different. You're fifty percent attracted to females and fifty-one percent to males."

"Renjun... Your math doesn't add up."

"In the love life, ruled by me, one hundred and one percent exists, okay?"

"That doesn't make any sense!"

"You think our existence makes sense? The son of the demon and the son of love God in one room... So common!"

"You know what makes no sense for real?" Jeno snaps. "You assuming Jaemin's sexual orientation so confidently and failing miserably."

"Facts?" Renjun purses his lips.

Gosh, why is this guy got so annoying when Jeno found out he's a half-human too.

"Jaemin is asexual," Jeno states, more calmly, though. "He lacks sexual attraction. Trust me, I know. I tried my powers on him and he didn't react. Even the succubus and incubus visited him and he still won over them."

"You sent demons on him?!"

"Renjun, I literally told you that Jaemin is asexual and that's what scares you the most?"

They remain silent for a few seconds. Then the matchmaker shakes his head.

"It's normal," he says, now calmly. "It's even better this way. That means that his love can really be pure."

"Still..."

"To you, it might be a nightmare, you lust freak. But even asexuals do have sexual cravings sometimes."

"You're speaking as you know a lot about asexuals right now. But you never knew Jaemin was one until I told you," Jeno laughs.

"Maybe he's not asexual. What if he's demisexual?"

"He told me that he's asexual."

Renjun widens his eyes. Jeno has to explain about the survey thingie to get things clear as the matchmaker believes that he missed something.

"He might be demisexual but just has no idea," Renjun says his thoughts out loud.

"What is that anyway?"

"Well, a demisexual person, unlike an asexual one, does feel sexual desire with a person they feel bonded emotionally."

"I doubt that he's the one..."

"Don't let your hopes down. What if Jaemin is confused about his sexual orientation?"