𝟮𝟵: no secrets

Renjun is happy to see his creation. The couple he has been working for quite a while! He's so happy that he even forgets to eat even though he has lots of food in front of him. The restaurant food hits different but so does the couple.

"Aren't you hungry?" Jeno teases the matchmaker.

"Yeah, sure, I am," Renjun smiles mysteriously and digs into his food.

Jeno takes things into his hands and goes right to the point.

"You can ask him anything you want," he says as he glances at Jaemin.

"Ask what?" Renjun pauses.

He freezes when he notices the glances the couple exchange. He tries to stand up and leave, but Jeno stops him.

"He needs to know the truth."

"What? Jeno, you're out of your mind. I can't say a thing to him!" Renjun half-yells "It's against my protocol."

"Does your protocol work the same as your math?"

"Shut up."

Renjun looks grumpy but he sits back. They're staying silent for a couple of minutes. Jeno and Jaemin are staring at the matchmaker, meanwhile, the boy himself seems to be hesitating.

"Fine! But my time is limited, words too."

"Good. We can skip the introduction as he already knows who is your father and who are you."

"Jeno!" Renjun yells for real now.

People from the nearest table turn at them, making Renjun flush. Jeno is glad because now the matchmaker knows that he can't be loud.

"I'll ask the first question," Jaemin speaks up. "Why me and Jeno?"

Renjun rolls his eyes but tells the same story about how they were lonely and had grey hearts. Jeno can only imagine how stupid it sounds for Jaemin. A half-demon boyfriend and demigod friend. What a squad...

"Show him our journal," Jeno interferes after the two grow silent.

"I can't hear you," Renjun grimaces and turns at Jaemin. "Next question?"

"Did you do something to us? Like... Did you shoot an arrow or..."

"It's the 21st century, arrows are old-fashioned. Now we use different methods. My techniques are cookies and sodas."

Jaemin gasps and starts hitting Jeno.

"I remember eating a cookie!"

"A heart-shaped one, right?" Jeno nods.

"A third-level shit," Renjun chuckles as he crosses his arms.

"What are other levels?" Jaemin gives another question.

It looks like Renjun didn't expect to get this question as he appears surprised. Jeno laughs as Jaemin is quite quick-witted when he's after his five shots of espresso.

"First level is shaking hands," Renjun starts unwillingly. "Second, being alone for more than one hour. The third is eating an identically decorated cookie. The fourth is drinking cherry soda out of the same bottle. The fifth becoming friends," he lists more voluntary now. "After all of that, you have to fall in love."

"And we did all that?" Jaemin laughs in disbelief. "I can't even remember."

"I planned most of the stuff," Renjun brags.

"We had no idea what you're doing with us," Jeno tries to cut in again, but Renjun is still ignoring him.

"Another question? The last one, Jaeminnie."

Jaemin, unlike Renjun, can't ignore his boyfriend. He turns at Jeno and takes his hand.

"Even though we had no clue what was going on, we're really thankful to you. If not for your interference, there's a high chance that I and Jeno wouldn't even be a couple."

"That's for sure," Renjun nods, getting cocky. "But loneliness is the reason why you fell so fast. I only needed to get you on the path, give you a few sparks in your hearts once in a while and you did the rest."

"It's weird," Jaemin laughs. "When I think about it, it feels like this whole this had to be forced. Because you did this all without asking us. But it's not, because we're truly happy now."

"I agree," Jeno squeezes Jaemin's hand.

"It's because you two are matching all 96 percent!"

"Don't listen to him," Jeno clicks his tongue.

Jaemin furrows his eyebrows. "Why? 96 percent sounds nice. No wonder we're happy together!"

"Renjun is bad at math. He doesn't know what he's saying."

"You pretend you're better than me just because you need physics in the architecture course! But I know math too and in love life, it works differently."

"This guy," Jeno points at his friends. "He keeps making stuff up!"

"You think? Let me tell the truth then!" Renjun leans to Jaemin. "Your boyfriend is a half-demon!"

"He knows that already," Jeno scoffs, proudly smiling.

"WHAT? So you have no secrets?"

Renjun does something under the table and the next second he pulls out a journal. He starts writing stuff, perhaps noting that his couple is growing even closer.

Jaemin bursts into a laugh. Jeno looks at his boyfriend with furrowed eyebrows but then he realizes how stupid their argument must have looked.

Jeno blushes. Hearing Jaemin laugh is never enough.

"Excuse me."

A young male appears by their table. He's looking at Renjun.

"Are you a relationship counselor? I overheard you talking about couples..."

Renjun glances at the two, then at the newcomer.

"Well, yeah, you can say so," he smiles brightly. "Do you have some problems you like to talk with me about?"

Jeno and Jaemin know that they need to leave. Renjun just got another couple to create.