𝟭𝟰: personal space

Jaemin is living just a few blocks away but Jeno feels like a gentleman walking his friend to the door. After all, it's a kind of generous action.

"It's been a while since I had so much fun," Jaemin says with a chuckle. "I'm not really into sports until someone shows me how interesting it is."

"Really? It's different for me. I like everything new and I stick to that until I ace."

"How many sports have you tried and aced?"

It's like Jaemin listens to every Jeno's word. The boy sure sees now that the human is falling for him each second. It's the first time Jeno catches a glimpse of him getting interested in stuff.

"I lost the count," Jeno laughs and so does Jaemin.

They reach the building which makes Jeno sad all of sudden. He never knew that taking someone home will be so fun.

"Do you want to come in?"

Jaemin's sudden question catches Jeno off guard but he doesn't hesitate and agrees.

"Sure."

He knows that he's agreeing to simple talks but his mind makes him think that there can be something more than that. He blames it all on excessive lust.

They walk inside the dormitory and go the way Jeno is already familiar with. He surprises Jaemin that he remembers the way, but Jeno covers it up with, saying that he has a good memory.

Jaemin's room hasn't changed. It's still neat and looks great. Jeno gets attracted to the photo wall more when he knows Jaemin.

"Do you want something to eat or drink?" the human asks as he locks the door.

"I don't usually eat at this time."

"Are you on a diet?"

"Sort of."

"Oh... Then I won't bother you."

Why is it awkward when Renjun isn't around? Jeno was annoyed by the matchmaker before, but now that Renjun isn't here, all those awkward pauses are prolonged.

"I think I should go-"

"Do you want to stay?"

Goddamn. The level of their communication was -100.

"Huh?" Jeno furrows his eyebrows.

"D-do you want to stay? I mean, it's late now. It's almost midnight."

"Oh, yeah, sure. It's a logical idea."

Jeno shrugs his shoulders to appear like he's calm but the way he speaks is not even near a calm person. He speaks too fast!

"But there's only one bed," he points out, laughing.

"Don't mind," Jaemin clicks his tongue. "It's big enough for two people."

Jeno wants to say something more but then he realizes that everything coming into his head might not reach Jaemin's mind. The half-demon was sexualizing sleeping in one bed. But Jaemin, as an asexual, has to think of it as something natural.

"So are you staying?" Jaemin asks for confirmation, though he's already doing something for the bed.

"I think so."

"Thanks. Sometimes, I'm lonely here."

"It's because you don't have a roommate."

"I don't really like people invading my personal, Jeno. I'm good on my own."

"Oh... Sorry."

Jaemin pauses. The next second, he turns around which happens so fast that Jeno isn't even sure if he even blinked.

"No, it's not about you... I was talking about other people, a roommate for example. I don't want to share my room with anyone else, but you don't count. You're my friend."

"But if you had a roommate, I bet they'd also be your friend. Just like I and Renjun."

"Maybe... But I like having a room for myself. Just imagine if there was another person right here," Jaemin says as he points at the wall with his wardrobe. "I don't think we would be talking right now to not disturb them."

"Well, you have a point."

Jeno feels like it's better this way too.

"Anyway..." Jaemin trails off. "What do you usually wear when you're going to sleep?"

"Uh... Just a T-Shirt and boxers."

"Oh, really? So I don't have to give you anything. That's a relief," Jaemin laughs, visibly relaxed.

"Pants would be great... At least shorts."

"If you want. I'll see what I have."

Jaemin walks to the wardrobe which makes Jeno turn around and quickly check on his boxers. Thank Asmodeus, that he isn't wearing his old outworn ones this time. That would be so embarrassing!

"I have these shorts, they're elastic."

"Nice. I'll take them."

Jaemin tosses the shorts to Jeno and the boy takes another chance and changes when the human is turned around. When Jaemin faces Jeno, the latter is already wearing his shorts.

"Oh, they fit nicely."

"Our built is almost the same," Jeno notes.

Jaemin walks to his bed and tosses a pajama. He sighs as he looks at the clothes and then at Jeno.

"It'll be tough."

"Why?"

"I usually sleep naked."