Track 27

"And why did y'all book an earlier flight again?"Rod asked confused. "Your big head ass daddy has a business meeting." "Flight GL0433 to California boarding now." The flight attendant announced. "Oop that's us. See you later baby I love you, let me know when you land." She hugged and kissed Rod.

"See you later baby, text me when you get home so we can discuss dinner with the family, I'm eager to meet them." She hugged and kissed me as well. "Have a safe flight." We said at the same time. "Same to y'all." She blew kisses and boarded. "See y'all when you get home. Be safe." Alejandro hugged us and boarded the plane.

"Well we got the room for a couple more hours, what you wanna do?" Rod smirked and grabbed me. "I know what we ain't gone do! My lil body is tired and need a rest." "I been wearing that thing out huh?" He chuckled and smacked my butt. "Don't play with me." I popped his hand.

"Okay baby I'm sorry. What you wanna do before we leave?" "Well for starters, we could go back to the room and go back to sleep, it's hella early. Then when we wake up again we can get breakfast, after breakfast we can find a museum or something to go to. Maybe go to the pool afterwards. We should done with all thy around lunch time so we'll shower, eat lunch at the hotel and then head here to the airport."

"Alright, I like the sound of that." He said as we walked out the exit and to the car. "Baby I know I keep saying it but I had so much fun with you this weekend, again, thank you for inviting me." "Baby you ain't gotta thank me, I enjoyed spending time with you." He grabbed my left hand and kissed it. "I love you." "I love you too." I looked at him and smiled. When we got back to the hotel we went back to sleep.

*********************

"You smell so good babe." I said to Rod as he sprayed his cologne. "Thank you." He blushed shyly. I picked it up and looked at the name. One Million. It's in the shape of a gold brick. I made a mental note to buy him some when we get back home. I put on some lip gloss and perfume and grabbed my purse.

"Okay baby I'm ready." I'm wearing some light blue boyfriend jeans, black, white and lime green NASA graphic tee, black and white Nike dunks and a black shoulder bag. Rod is wearing a light gray polo sweatsuit with the navy blue horse, a white polo tee-shirt with the navy blue horse and some light gray, white, pink, orange and cream Off white x Dunk low sneakers.

We ended up going to Bacon Bitch for breakfast. "When we leave here I got a surprise for you." Rod said as he fed me some of his French toast. "Oouu what is it? Can I get a hint?" I asked between chews while covering my mouth. "Then it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?" He chuckled. "And I thought you loved me." I pout and wiped my fake tears.

"All you gotta know is you're gonna love." "I hope you not trying to take me on a shopping spree or nothing. I mean I would greatly appreciate it but I have absolutely no room in my bag from the last one." "You gone make me take you back to the hotel." "Okay okay I'm sorry." When we were done eating breakfast, Rod of course paid the bill and we walked to the car holding hands.

Before we got in the car he put the location in his phone and turned the volume down so I couldn't hear the name. "Petty." I stuck my tongue. "Cry baby." He stuck his back. We sat and listened to music until we arrived to the destination. I had my head down texting my friends letting them know I come home today.

When I looked up I seen nothing but trees and a long road. "Boy where the hell are we?" "You didn't see the entrance?" He glanced at me then back to the road. "No." I said looking out the window seeing green an yellow flag poles with elephants, zebras and giraffes on them. "Oh my gosh the zoo!" I excitedly said.

I had told Rodney when we first tried dating my sophomore year that when I was little my dad would always take me to the zoo every Friday after school. When he went to prison my grandparents and uncles tried to take me every two weeks but it wasn't the same. "You remembered?" I looked over at him.

"A nigga might seem nonchalant but I listen to everything you say to me." "You're the best." I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "You know I'm extra like my father so I got us a tour guide." He said as he parked the car. "Okay I like the sound of that." I said as we got out the car. Once we got to the entrance, Rod showed the man our tickets on his phone.

      "Okay just go to that white building with the bicycles in front of it, your tour guide will meet you shortly." "Fasho." Rod said. We held hands and walked over to the building. "I'm so excited!" I squealed like a little kid. "I'm happy I could make it happen." He smiled down at me.

      "Hello, I'm your tour guide Aaron." A tall white dude walked over to us smiling. "How are you guys doing today?" "Good." Rod replied. "Hello Aaron, we're doing good and you?" I smiled back. "I'm great, thanks for asking. Okay before we get started let me tell you it's just gonna be us, you guys booked the VIP tour. So what's gonna happen today is we're gonna enjoy a two hour golf cart tour, but I always throw in an extra thirty minutes." He whispered.

      "We're gonna stop by the giraffes, you do have the option of feeding them for just ten dollars, unfortunately giraffe feeding is not included. We'll stop after an hour to go grab food. Your meal and souvenir cup is included in your tour. For the food, you have the option of a burger, chicken tenders, hot dog, deli wrap, pulled pork and a salad. Fries come with all said options. Do you guys have any questions?"

      "No." We said at the same time. "Alrighty let's get started." We followed Aaron to the golf cart and buckled up. The first animal we saw was a tiger. I took my phone out and started recording.

           *****************************

      When we made it to the giraffes the line was surprisingly short. "Babe while I'm feeding the giraffes can you please record me?" I asked as we got in line. "Fasho. He kissed my forehead. When it was Rodney and I turn he handed the girl a twenty dollar bill. She gave us both a few pieces of lettuce.

Rod pulled out his phone and started recording. "Alright go." He gave me the go head to start feeding. I gave both of the giraffes two ears of lettuce a piece. When it was Rodneys' turn I pulled out my phone and started recording him. When he was done I asked Aaron to take some pictures of us in front of the giraffes. After what felt like thousands of pictures, we were back on the cart and on with the tour.

I laid my head on Rodney's shoulder and started going through the pictures we had just took. As I looked at all the pictures and videos we took this weekend I couldn't do nothing but smile at all the memories we made.