Track 3

"I just wanna hold you a all night long, whenever I'm around you nothing's wrong"
- Queen Naija Butterflies 🦋

      Raheem got shot in the arm trying to protect. He didn't lose a lot of blood so the doctors said he doesn't have to stay overnight. "I'm so sorry Rah I promise I am, you were trying to protect me and ended up getting shot." Raheem was lying on the ground in the store when he noticed I was still standing outside the store, just watching. "Nobody blames you baby I promise." Miss Cassia, Raheems mom said as she hugged me and I cried. "Robin, take Indi to the gift shop so she can get papi a nice gift."

      "Hey, nobody blames you okay? We know how much you guys care about each other... we know you wouldn't put him in harms way on purpose." Robin said while holding my chin and making me look at her. Robin looks just like Raheem except she has really little eyes like her mom. "But if he wouldn't have ran out there he wouldn't have gotten shot." I sniffled while wiping my eyes.

      "Yeah and it's a possibility you would've been murdered. Which one do you think would hurt worst you dying or him getting shot?" I didn't answer, instead I kept walking and got on the elevator. When we got to the gift shop everything was too expensive and I didn't see anything worth buying so we walked to the inside McDonald's and I got him a large Big Mac meal.

      When we got back to the room, Raheems other  sisters Rashea and Raven were helping him clean his stitches. "Hey big head I got you something." I said handing him the McDonald's bag. He snatched the bag and started eating the fries. "Boyyyy did you forget your manners when you got shot?" His mom snapped while popping him upside his head.

       "Owwww ma." He whines and rubbed the back of his head. "RJ say thank you." His dad Raheem Sr. demanded. "It's okay Mr. & Mrs. McKnight I'm used to his stank behind being mean." "Girlll I was ghetto Superman I deserve to be mean." Before anybody could say anything the doctor walked in.

      "Hello everyone, everything looks good so you are free to go. Just keep cleaning and changing your bandage the way we showed you and you'll be good. Make sure to set an appointment with the receptionist three weeks from now so the stitches can be removed." "Thank you so much doc." Miss Cassia said while shaking his hand.

      His parents went to sign the release forms while the rest of us waited for them to come back. "Okay, come on Javon." Miss Cassia said calling Raheem by his middle name. I called my grandma when we got outside to the parking lot. "Hey Nana Rah's okay, can you send someone to pick me up please?" "Of course princess, tell me what hospital your at and Poppa said he'll come get you." "She's fine Mrs. McAllister we'll be bringing her home." Momma Cass said through my phone while leaning on my shoulder. "You sure? Because we don't mind coming to get her." "We got her Nana trust me and besides I still gotta get my plate." Raheem said while snatching my phone and walking towards his car.

      "Well I'll see you guys later." I said while hugging his parents and sisters. "Alright Nana well imma head home and pack my bag, see you soon I love you." He hung up and passed me my phone. "What you packing a bag for?" "Nana said I could stay the night." "Why you always wanna spend the night at my house?" I mushed the side of his head. "Because Nana and Poppa love me." "Yeah okay whatever." I said as I hooked my phone to the aux cord and played "NBA Youngboy Valuable Pain"

      "Imma say I'm sorry for all of the shit  that I had did and I'm thankful for that shit that you had done when we was kids" Raheem rapped while looking between me and the road. I unlocked my phone and started recording him. "All these bitches tellin' lies, but if you know me don't think twice. Instead of  doin' wrong, lil bitch, you do what's right.