Track 24

"OH SHUT THE FUCK UP ALEJANDRO IF WE WOULD'VE GIT HERE YESTERDAY LIKE I SAID WE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS PREDICAMENT!" I heard a woman boom from the living room. "Delilah you shut the fuck up, nobody wanna hear your big ass mouth!"I heard a say back.

      "Oh my god." Rod mumbled besides me. "Who is that?" I yawned and looked at him. "My fucking parents." He sighed. "They hate each other but refuse to get a divorce." He got out of bed and slipped his boxers and some pants on. "Put some clothes on so you can meet them." He looked at me.

      I threw my wild hair into a messy bun and threw on some underwear and the one night gown I packed. As Rod and I were walking out the room we heard his parents still arguing. "I swear Alejandro I don't know why I'm still with your stupid ass. One day imma pack all my shit and leave." "You know how many times you've said that? Look at you, after twenty-three years and you still here." He chuckled.

      "Y'all gotta argue everywhere y'all go?" Rod asked as we entered the living room. "Ah hijo sabes que no soy yo, es tu estúpido culo mamá." Rods father said and motioned towards his mother. "Say it in English so crack your fucking head bitch." Delilah, Rods mother spit like venom. "You seeee." He put his hands up in defense mode.

      "Well can y'all please be civilized for just one minute so I can introduce y'all to my girlfriend?" He looked at both of his parents. "Yes, I'm sorry baby." His mom answered first. "Go ahead." His dad shrugged. "Ma, pops this is Indigo, Indigo these are my dysfunctional ass parents Delilah and Alejandro Colón." "Oh Indigo it's so good to finally meet you, I've heard so many wonderful things about you." His mother scooped me into a motherly hug.

      "Thank you Mrs. Colón it's great to finally meet you as well." "Oh please baby call me mama." She smiled brightly. "Oh honey your the first girl Rodney has introduced us to." "Because he knows better, love is a distraction and these girls are greedy." His dad eyed me. "I got my own money." I said defensively and snaked my neck to the right as I crossed my arms. "And I came from money I don't need Rodney for anything." I continued angrily.

      The thought of Rodneys dad calling me a gold digger really pissed me off! It made me wanna slap that smug look off his face. "Oh mi amor not you, the girls before you. You look like your good for him, he seems more grounded and level headed." Alejandro said in a mocking manner. "You look like somebody I know, I can't quite put my finger on it." He tapped his chin and studied my face.

      "Who your people?" "Kamesha and Tyrell." I really didn't wanna talk to him anymore but I was only being respectful because he's my man daddy. "Ah ha Big T! Damn girl I should've knew you were his daughter, you the only lil black girl in the hood with a name like that." "Wow." I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "I'm about to go lay back down, again it was nice to finally meet y'all." "For real pops?" I heard Rod angrily ask as I walked away.

      "What did I do?" He stupidly asked. I walked in the room and closed the door behind myself. I took my night gown off and laid under the covers. "Baby I'm so sorry about my dad." Rod said as soon as he walked in the room. "He's a dick." I pouted as he in the bed and grabbed me. "That nigga salty cause I wanna move to Miami and be close to you. He say it's bad for business and that I'm acting pussy whipped." He shook his head.

      "He like working with me cause I'm a crash dummy, I don't think I just do! But my big brother AJ he different. But don't be fooled he a killer but he gone plan his shit out to a T! His shit is strategic and well planned, you'll never know he was at the crime scene! My brother like to sit and wait, that ain't me. I see a mark ass nigga after some shit went down and  I'm jumping out the car and on that nigga right then and there but my brother? Nah that nigga a different typa crazy."

      "He'll let a whole year go by, make motha fuckas think it's over then BOOM! Here comes the element of surprise. My dad like shit handled right then and there and I'm always the nigga for it, that's why he always call me, that's why he don't want me to leave." He sighed. "Baby you know I love you with all my heart, and I don't EVER want you to do something because you think it's gonna make me happy. If you wanna stay in California with your family and y'all businesses do that! I feel like our relationship and love for one another is strong enough to survive a long distance relationship."

      "We can FaceTime everyday AND I'm going home every break." "Baby I don't care if I gotta run my club from Tallahassee I'm not living in California while you on Florida, I just gotta be close to you. No gay shit but you keep me sane." He unknowingly hugged my body tighter. "Fuck I love you so much." I cried. "I swear I don't think I would've been this happy with anybody else." I sniffed and wiped my tears but they kept coming.

      "You the first girl to make me feel like this. Them other girls it was just sex, no strings attached. But you? The way you carry yourself and the way you know your self worth that's what made me want you even more! Them hoes threw themselves on me, fall at my feet anytime I came around but you ain't pay my ass no mind. I'm happy you agreed to go on that date and said yes to being my girlfriend." "I am too." I smiled and pecked his lips.

      "Imma give you ten babies one day you keep it up with this sweet talk." "Well shidddd let's start today!" He said and started grabbing at my panties. "Boy no!" I popped his hand. "Let's wait until I graduate college and set into my career then we can start making our beautiful chocolate babies. I pecked his lips. "Damn a nigga gotta wait four years?" He pouted. "Aww you wanna have babies with me for real?" "Hell yeah! I wanna spend the rest of my life with you"

      "Why are you doing this to me? Like I'm literally about to cry again." I fanned my face. "Nah you just hella sensitive." He laughed. We stayed up thirty more minutes talking about our future together until we went to sleep.

Introducing Rodneys parents✨

Alejandro Colón Sr.

Delilah Colón