"Five seconds," Grover called out.

Rosalyn put her hand out and clenched her jaw.

"We can't just—"

"Find the Master Bolt," Rosalyn demanded.

Before she could stop her, Annabeth had pulled the WATERLAND, DENVER, CO. ball from her backpack and ran toward the monster dog. The blonde demigod waved the ball, watching all three heads bob along with it.

"See the ball? You want the ball, Cerberus? Sit!"

All three heads cocked sideways. Rosalyn's heart felt like it could pound right out of her chest.

"Sit!" Annabeth yelled again. This time, Cerberus licked his three sets of lips and sat, crushing a dozen spirits underneath him.

Annabeth threw the ball, praising the monster. The middle mouth caught the ball, causing the other heads to snap at it.

"Drop it!"

Three sets of eyes swiveled to look at the tiny girl, and a sad whimper left the large beast. He dropped the slimy, now damaged, ball at her feet.

Looking over her shoulder, Annabeth met Rosalyn's eye.

"Go now."

Percy began to protest, but Rosalyn gave Annabeth a firm nod and started to drag the boy toward the EZ DEATH line. Grover kept glancing behind them, but Rosie refused to.

She wouldn't watch Annabeth die.

They all held their breath as they passed under Cerberus. They had made it through alive.

She could hear Annabeth praising him, and her chest was tight. When Annabeth threw the ball for the last time, she'd have nothing left to reward the dog. There would be nothing to distract him.

When Rosalyn heard the ball flying through the air, she couldn't help but turn. Annabeth was rushing underneath the dog, looking close to being crushed.

Throwing a hand out, Rosalyn got ahold of Annabeth's wrist and yanked with all her strength. Both girls let out grunts and fell the ground.

"Woah," Percy breathed out.

He helped them to their feet and watched them exchange a head nod. They rushed through the metal detector, and Rosalyn jumped when it started screaming.

Red lights flashed as the alarm sounded.

"Unauthorized possessions! Magic detected!"

Cerberus began to bark behind them. Shoving Percy through the gate, Rosalyn followed with Annabeth and Grover beside her. More alarms began to sound when they passed through the gate, but they didn't stop.

Security was yelling for backup. Rosalyn heard mention of the Furies, as they hid behind a dead tree to catch their breath.

"Well, Percy, what have we learned today?" Grover murmured.

"That three-headed dogs prefer rubber balls to over sticks?"

Rosalyn snorted, "No. We learned that your plans really bite."