So Alive, I'm So Alive

(Play this song at 0.75x speed when I say if you want the moment)

1962-Summer Time

-(Chris's POV)-

As it's coming up on Gordie's 17th birthday I thought I could do something special for him. Write a song and finally put that old guitar I have to use. Obviously I would have to think of a tune and then again lyrics so I don't know..I will give it a go!

I sat on my bed, home alone, I start strumming different tunes that feel familiar. Soon enough I have a little chorus for him. To be honest I couldn't believe I hadn't picked up this guitar sooner, this all feels so natural. As i'm playing his song, lyrics flow out of my brain onto a sheet of paper I have lying around. They're written in an old sparkly blue pen I have (no idea why).

"I wanna wake up every morning, feeling better
'Cause I know you're sleeping by my side" I slightly sing these words until I hear a slam on its hinges downstairs.

Dad.

I quickly hide the sheet of paper in a draw beneath my clothes and put the guitar back in the corner incase he walks in..Well hobbles..
As predicted he enters my room.
"CHRISTOPHER!" The name burns my ears.

"D-dad.." I stutter as he comes close to me, "Please not today.."

"Please not today what? You aren't pussy are ya?" He says and pushes me onto my bed,he then takes his belt off.

"Please..no.." I put my arms up as a defense as he hits me with the belt, another beating with no reason to it bar the fact he's drunk.

I gasp a painful moan and he hits me again," Shut up ya little faggot!!"

...

This went in for a good while until the last kick to the stomach. I wheezed as I tried to get up after he left my room. My arms ached from pain and as I look at them I realise the red wounds lining up on them. Shit. Swiftly I threw some jeans and a long sleeved jumper on to cover the missing flesh just until I got to Gordie's, I didn't even think about my face until I got through 3 streets and theres was points and stares from everyone walking by.

I dug my hands deeper and deeper into my pockets out of sheer anxiety of my surroundings. The birds weren't singing today, my ears rung as I walked further up the hill to to Gordie's house. His father's car wasn't in the drive which put me at ease when I knocked on the door. However a woman answered the door.. Gordie's mom..

"Dear god! Why are you in this shape?" Carol was as surprised as Gordie when he first saw me in a state like this, "Sweetie-"

I couldn't stay with her, I'd only be a burden," I'm so sorry for intruding Mrs LaChance.. I just needed to see Gordie- Since he's not here I can leave"

"Nonsense, get inside right away so I can get you cleaned up..Gordie!!" She shouted Gordie down from his room.

"What ma, I'm reading?!" He shouts back but still comes down the stairs to see his mom taking me to the kitchen,sitting me down on the carved wooden chair I have been on many times before.

"CHRIS!" He runs up to me in his normal panicky self.

"Gordie I'm okay.." suddenly I feel a pulsing pain in my cheek where it seemed to be bleeding,"Just dandy-"

His mom gets the first aid kit out while Gordie cleans up my wounds, I can't lie I don't mind Carol, she's a really nice woman however there was a time after Denny when I really hated her. She began being a friend of Gordie's and that made me happy with her again.

"So how did you end up like this Christopher?" My full name rolled off her tongue which made me twitch just thinking about him.

"It's just Chris, and I fell..? Yeah! I fell down a stair case into a window at my house." I lied to Carol know she would send me away if she knew my dad did this.