Summer Break

When we were at Gordie's his parents must've been still at work because the house was empty and quiet.Denny took Gordie to his room and indicated me to go with him to wait with him while Denny got everything to clean him up.

When i was waiting for Denny i was staring at gordie with all of his scratches and blood on his face,they reminded me of myself after i get beat my my dad.And just like that i fell into Gordie's desk chair ,luckily it was padded because i fell hard and my eyes began waterinng thinking about what my dad and brother did to me.The tears fell from my eyes,Denny rushed in the room straight to Gordie to clean him up.After he cleaned Gordie up he turned and faced me,I could barely recall this happen because all i could see and hear was my dad and was scared..Denny was clearly worried,he tried to talk to me but i was too zoned out.He shook me and i got out my nightmare.

"Chris?Chambers?You okay?" He asked worryingly.

"I-"

"Hey,take it easy kid,i'm going to get you a glass of water"He said walking out of the room to down stairs.As he got back i was back into reality and Gordie started waking up,Denny passed me the glass of water making sure i was okay before both of us went to Gordie.He woke up with a headache and complained for a while,I heard a car pull up and i told Gordie and Denny that it must be their parents coming home from their work or tea with friends.Gordie stayed lay down while Denny went down stairs to tell their parents what happened and from what i heard they didn't seem to care at all and that enraged me because i knew the feeling.The feeling of being not cared for.That feeling damn hurts.. alot.

23/07/57

-(Gordie POV)-

It was now summer break its been a few weeks since Ace and Eyeball beat me up,but i had also not seen them since that time.However Chris and I were spending a lot of time together we went to the Castle Rock carnival a few times but that was with Denny,Teddy and Vern.About 3 weeks in me and Chris started just walking around castle rock and it was nice just to laugh feeling the fresh air in my face

1/08/57

Today was the last week of our summer break Teddy was getting ready to see his father come back from war,Vern was waiting for the new flavoured pez to come out.Chris was getting a hair cut.Me?I was spending my last week with my brother Denny before he goes off to college in New York.He was also getting his jeep later today and he is going to take me camping down by a river,he said so we could get water naturally and he could teach me a whole bunch of stuff and things.My dad and mom were okay with it because they knew Denny would be with me.

12:37pm

Denny's jeep had arrived and he paid the ee of having it delivered then we started packing the jeep up with all sorts.Water bottles,which Denny called a canteen,two blankets,a tent and a fire starter kit.When we were ready we set off and put a tape in the car's radio.We were listening to Elvis' new song Jail House Rock and while Denny was driving i was singing along like i knew the words,i didn't i just liked the tune.The wind was soft,the sun was dancing amongst a few clouds,it was a beautiful day and one i will remember.

17:53

It seemed Denny had drove us far out of town we were by a nice little river and above use were train tracks.I helped setting up the tent and i put the sleeping matsdown with a blanket.Then he pulled out a rope and tied it up on a branch by the river,assuming we could use it to jump in the river.Thats when he said

"Just so you know you can only go in when im with you,and i need to go first ,there may be leeches or stuff" He said that then swung from a rock with the rope into the river with a big splash while was just laughing at him getting his head above the water.

"C'mon Gordo!Jump in ,kid!"He shouted shaking his hair in the water.Short after i was in too with not so big of a splash with my little body.We swam around and splashed each other for a while until it started getting cold and dark then denny let me get changed in the tent while he got changed outside and started a fire and put bacon on it for sandwiches for tea.Shortly after we had ate them i started to become tired and Denny took me in the tent and told me a story that sounded all too familiar.It was my story i wrote,about an army veteren,he memorised one of my stories.That made me happy and soon i fell asleep dreaming the rest of the story while Denny left the tent for a cigarette.After his cigarette he came back in and slept.Throughout the night we both slept well.

8/08/57

It was the end of summer and Denny was leaving for college,my mom and dad were so proud of him but not as proud as me.I wanted to be exactly like Denny.Except i wanted to be a writer,so all the sports stuff out the window.

It was the best summer break ever.