Home Run!

-(Chris POV)-

"Penny Curtis"

I guess she might be good,i just hope she doesn't get into ties with Ace. Might be the end of her i giggled to myself Gordie and Penny just turned and looked at me. But i stopped when the car stopped outside of a house by the diner, Gordie started thanking her for driving us and i looked out the windows and thanked her while getting out to meet a bunch of guys surrounding me and Gordie. Penny soon got out too and i realised they were wondering what two 12 and 13 year olds are doing coming out of this 16/17 year old girls car. I walked around the car barging through the guys surrounding me to get to Gordie to make sure he was okay ,noticing a taller boy with brown hair and a denim no-sleeved jacket on towering er him.

"Penny,where have you be-" A man about 20 or so came walking out of the house we were parked by and he was about to ask Penny where she'd been until he saw us-"who are these boys?"

"Guys leave them alone they need to go meet their friends!" She says swatting them away from us. "Thats Chris and Gordie, they were in trouble and i needed to help them"

"You're too kind is what it is Penny-" The guy with a sharp jawline and plump lips said while walking back in the house with the denim jacket guy.

"Well then i guess it's alright, you boys go meet your friends and be sure to stay outta trouble i guess" The older one said smiling at us. "See why can't the rest of the gang be like you Darry-" Penny said. We smiled and walked towards where we were meeting Vern and Teddy when we heard Penny shouting-
"SODA GET YOUR ASS DOWN STAIRS-" and we continued walking..

Me and Gordie were walking now un phased knowing Ace and my brother were far away when we saw Teddy and Vern messing around by the field we were meeting at, Teddy had clearly said something to piss off Vern it was probably just one of their stupid catty fights that would stop as soon as I got there because they knew i would stop it anyway and Gordie would lecture them on why arguing is bad. Clearly we are the only two with common sense.
"Asshole!" Vern said in an annoyed tone.
"Guys we haven't even left and you two are fighting already i'm sure i can't be bothered with your shit and neither can Gordie so let's all be civil and start walking before it gets worse" I said taking the lead patting Teddy's shoulder.We were walking for about 15 minutes when we came to a little red bridge and we all looked in the distance ,down the tracks. We all knew it was gonna be a real long walk but looking down them tracks made it more real..
"Hey Gordie how long do you think it will take?" I said. "I don't know man, maybe tomorrow dawn.."

"So where are we going?" A voice said coming from behind, Teddy and Vern were confused when the saw a girl jogging towards us with a bag on her shoulder, it was Penny.
"Hey Penny what are you doing here, you shouldn't be with us..-"-i was cut off-" Chris you know this girl?!" Vern asked completely shocked while Teddy was checking her out-"Yes Vern we know a girl it's not that impressive, look Penny we're walking a real long way to see something you probably don't"
"Even more reason to get going!" I guess we all kind of shrugged it off and ended up letting her come, she introduced herself to Vern and Teddy. We all kept walking along the tracks breathing the fresh air of summer and talking about comics and shows we liked. Penny seemed to be having fun but i still didn't feel comfortable having her around knowing we were looking for Ray Browers' dead body.. I mean it might scare her as much as it will scare Vern and let me tell you that was one high level of scared, i giggled thinking of the last time Vern got scared. He was watching Batman and the Joker just popped up out of no where he jumped about a mile.

The boys and Penny turned to me chuckling away and were confused but just went with it.I even saw Gordie crack a smile, i wonder where that come from.

-(Gordie POV)-
While the guys and Penny were talking about comics and stuff i would occasionally say things but while we were walking i did like to look around and admire the scenery. The field the train tracks went through were beautiful, the grass was a nice healthy green colour and there wasn't a cloud in sight. There were bees taking pollen from flowers and flying around but my little day dream ended when Vern stopped us all.
"Hey guys, i'm hungry who has the food?" We all looked at each other until Teddy found a person to blame," You mean you didn't bring any!"he said to Vern and it all started an argument.
"HEY HEY HEY" i shouted over all of the bickering from the guys,"Let's see how much money we got.."
We all sat down on the tracks ,even Penny, to see how much we had.
"A dollar two from Chris..I got sixty-eight cents,"i said as Chris gave me his money, "I have two dollars seventy-" Penny said handing me her money i smiled to her adding what we had so far.
"Thanks Penny," Teddy handed me sixty cents,"Vern?" He paused and looked away handing me his share of the money,"Seven cents, Vern..?"
"I haven't found my pennies yet!" He said defensively.

"Well it comes to five dollars seven thanks to Penny with her two-" i collected all the money and put in one of my pockets in my back pack and swung it back around me when i felt the tracks vibrating.
"Train." I stated as i started to stand up and get off the tracks followed by everyone else. Other than Teddy who wanted to the ultimate train dodge he said while we were all shouting for him to get off the tracks, even Penny.

"Theodore Duchamp get your ass off them tracks before the train hits hits you for god's sake!" Chris shouted, Teddy wasn't listening he was just whispering things about the beach at Normandy. The train was getting unbearably closer when Chris hopped up to Teddy fighting to lift him off the tracks. Chris succeeded and just seconds later the train zoomed by us. While the Train was passing Chris and Teddy were trying to get at each other so Vern grabbed Teddy and i grabbed Chris.

"You tryna get yourself killed? Are you trying to kill yourself?!!" Chris shot at Teddy trying to get out of my grip, it didn't take much doing, i was a twig compared to Chris. Vern let go of Teddy as well,Teddy walked away glaring at Chris and said,"I don't need no babysitter."

"Do to."
"Hey, come on, you guys" i said to them.

"Guys i know i don't know you all a lot but that situation doesn't seem to be anything to fall out about..Chris was trying to keep you safe ,Teddy." Penny said that with hope they would make up and Chris did turn to Teddy and tried to talk.
"Peace...Skin it" he said holding out his palm for Teddy to skin it, " I coulda dodged it." Teddy said frowning, eyebrows together in annoyance.
"Look you can dodge it on your way back!..Skin it man."Chris with his palm stuck out still turned to Teddy sighed and he skinned it with Chris.

"See, friends again, whats that skin it thing? Is it something you guys made up?" Penny started asking stuff and we answered and we were all soon walking far down the tracks Teddy, Vern and Penny ahead and me with Chris falling behind the group

-(nobody's POV)-

While they boys and Penny were walking along the train lines Ace and some of the other cobras were playing mail box baseball.

Eyeball Chambers was in the drivers seat with Ace in the passenger seat with a baseball bat getting ready to drive past another mail box, SLAM. The baseball bat hit against the mail box causing the letters and parcels to fly everywhere while there was just an excited blond boy smiling at his win when he shouts,

"Home run!"