"the reason i was there"

-(Nobody's POV)-

The boys and Penny started their walk again to the body, which Penny was still clueless about. They cane a across a few obstacles on the way such as deep water and leaches but Gordie made everyone stand their ground and continue the journey.
Everyone was tired from waking up early and it was pretty cold although it was summer.

Another story however was with the menacing teenagers Ace Merrill and the other Cobras, they were also making their way to Ray Bowers. After Ace and Eyeball were told about the dead boy they insisted on going ,only for the 15 minutes of fame in the newspapers.

After hours and hours of walking endlessly the boys noticed the sign for the Back Harlow Road.
As everyone walked along the tracks looking at the left and right side of the tracks, Chris was still worried about Penny's reaction at seeing the dead body, when in reality it should have been Gordie's he was worried about..

-(Penny's POV)-

We were wapking along the tracks and the boys seemed like they were looking for thing we've been walking to. And as we walked i looked to the side of the tracks and gasped at the sight of a boy in the bushes. My hand clasped my mouth and i pointed, Vern looked at me and shouted to the boys,

"OVER THERE LOOK!"

I have seen some gory things but nothing like this, the poor kid had cuts and faded bruises. His eyes were open but he was dead. I guess this is what we were walking for as the boys walked down to him, not Gordie though. Gordie stood by my side and asked if i was okay then took my hand leading me to the corpse.

"We're gonna be on TV!" Teddy said far too excitedly.

"that poor boy..." i managed to say quietly.

"Guys we can't.. We can't be heroes ,not like this." Gordie said and Chris nodded along, we all were shaken up a bit other than Teddy. Teddy seemed quite alright.
Vern, Teddy and I went to get wood to create a stretcher to carry the boy back on.

—about 10 minutes later—

-(Chris' POV)-

I was hugging Gordie while we were sat on a log because he had some sort of break down.. I tried comforting him in all the ways i could. But soon we were interrupted by-

"Well, well, well look what we have here" Ace Merrill.

"My little brother!" Eyeball exclaimed.

"Okay ya little fags, you take your little selves and the little fairy group home. Just let us take the body ey?" Ace said like he was in charge of all of us. Soon he stumbled a bit, Teddy and Vern appeared behind me and Gordie.

"What the fuck!" Ace shouted.

"They aren't Fags! And even if they were whats wrong with that?" Penny had pushed Ace and we all stood back even a shaken up Gordie knew Ace was going to do something.

Ace turned to Penny and took out a switch blade. This wasn't good. The res of the gang appeared, Teddy ran and soon did Vern after Charlie appeared.

"You little bitch-," He grabbed Penny by her shirt; a shot of fear stuck us all as a gun shot went off.

"Let her go. Nobody's taking the body." Gordie stood foward pointing the gun at Ace; he pushed penny away.

"Come on kid, put the gun down." Ace threw his hands up somewhat defensively.

"Suck my fat one, you cheap dimestore hood."

With that Ace took the Cobras and left.

"Suck my fat one? Who ever told you you had a fat one?" i asked him. He stood up on his tiptoes and whispered, "Biggest one in four counties"

—a week later—

-(Gordie's POV)-

I'm still a bit shaken from the Ray Bowers situation. Looking past that though , me and Chris have been talking more than ever at the minute. He's always taking me to new spots a little outside of town.

He's on his way now and i'm getting ready for an adventure.

A knock echoes through my empty house and i excitedly run to my door, the radio in kitchen was playing The Beatles but everywhere else was silent. I opened the door to a boy with cuts and bruises all over his face.

"CHRIS! What the hell happened to you?!" Worry and fear washed over me as i pull Chris into my house and pull him into my kitchen.

He sat up on the counter while i rushed to find a first aid box to help him.

"Chris tell me what happened right now!" I didn't shout but my voice raised higher.

"Gordie i'm fine. Calm down." he said that so bluntly.

"Tell me why you're so beat up" i cleaned the cuts on his cheek.

Chris flinched and i stood back a bit and pressed more gentle. My heart broke for him he as he flinched at everything i did to try help. Denny would've known what to do.. He always knew.
After i sorted Chris' out, i took him to the living room and i put music on the record player we had.

Chris appeared behind me and took my hand, he pulled me into a slow dance. 'It's Been A Long Long Time' by Harry James and Helen Forrest was now playing through the house, me and  Chirs embraced eachother.

"Haven't felt like this my dear

Since can't remember when

It's been a long, long time"

-(Chris' POV)-

"My dad.." i let out in one breath.

"What?" Gordie asked still cuddled up in my arms.

"My dad got drunk, he hit me..again-," i looked at anything other than Gordie but i felt his jaw drop and he pulled away a bit.

"Why wouldn't you tell me this? Why?" he asked and his voice began to get sadder as he thought more about what i said.

"How long?" He pulled away looking me in the eyes

"Since i was 9,i guess.. when my mom left me and Eyeball.." i said to him.

"You know that time at the tree house after you found out Denny passed and i was there?"

He nodded.

"He's the reason i was there."

a/n:

hi sorry this took so long to write, i have been writing other things and im back at school. i mean i have been back at school since september but sh-

anyway i hope you enjoyed it <3