"This fight is over", Ace said, "I win."

"I'm not done with you traitor!", Dusk howled.

"Yes", Ace said, "you are. There's a reason I'm the Alpha of the bunch."

I could see Adelind, Tyson and Helix struggling to hold back there laughter just as much as I was. I walked over and picked up Ace by the scruff of his neck. He fought to spin around, but it didn't work.

"What mortal dares to lay a hand on me?", he asked, "put me down this instant!"

"For the third and final time", I said, "Sprites are not allowed in this realm. Be gone!"

"Not before I claim your pancakes for my own realm", Ace said.

"Then you will be put in a sprite jar until they are done", I said setting him down.

Ace sighed, "they creep into the kitchen to steal food and then attack me so I'm the one that gets put in a jar? Not fair!"

I laughed and walked back to the kitchen. I grabbed the spatula and flipped the cake over. The underside was a golden brown all the way around and there was a darker brown spot in the middle where the fire was underneath it. I moved it over a little and added another cake to the pan. The two of them together took about three or four minutes to cook, as did the other fifteen that I made. Seemed like a lot at first, but then I realized that hey, we were dragons. I put the cakes on the plate and carried them to the table, setting them in the middle as everyone gathered around.

"Where are you getting this stuff Dad?", Tyson asked, "it smells really good."

"Emelia gave it to me Tyse", I said, "shortly after we moved in here."

"What are they?", Ace asked sniffing at them.

"Pancakes", I said.

They reached out and each pulled on of the cakes off the server plate and onto their own. Ace took the first bite, then quickly ate the rest of it, so fast I thought he might choke.

"Your going to choke carnivore", I said, "be careful."

"Sorry", Ace said, "it's just SOOOOO good!"

I took a bite of my own. Their soft, chewy villain flavor filled my mouth, getting stuck to my teeth as it always had and judging by the smacking the others were making, they were facing a similar problem.

"It's stuck in my teeth", Adelind said picking her fangs with her claws.

"Mine too", Tyson said.

"Me three", Helix whined.

"Just lick it out", I said, "it's what I always do."

Once they had managed to clean their teeth, they went right back to eating. I was in the middle of my second cake when there was a knock on my door.

"Who could that be?", I asked standing and going to the door.

When I swung it open, Hudson was standing there.

"Nolan wants you Tyro", he said, "something about name data that came back?"

"I'm on my way", I answered.

I walked back into my room and slipped on my uniform. I ran back to the door where Adelind was waiting for me.

"What's going on?", she asked.

"I had Nolan run a few names last night", I said, "remember last night when I told you about Faline?"

"Oh", Adelind said.