Chapter Two

Nico di Angelo had survived through the day with little to no interactions with the sunshine boy. He only had one other class period with him but he was able to successfully avoid him considering it was just the intro day for their P.E class.

   He opened the large doors and was greeted by a small bulldog, who jumped up at his jeans and sniffed him. Nico looked around, searching for his father or his stepmother, or anyone in general. No one was around in their open planned first floor. The house smelled of vanilla and rain. Being the son of one of the three men who created the Olympians Corporations, pays a lot.

   “Hey, Cerberus. How are you?” Nico said, petting him, calming the dog down.

   He quickly walked up the stairs and rushed to his room, the bulldog following him up the stairs, almost tripping because of his short legs. Nico entered his room, only closing his door after Cereberus ran in. His darkroom contrasted with the white halls of the house. His room was decorated in posters, photos, and flags, leaving no wall space. His floor didn’t have much space either, being covered in clothes, papers, and board games. His desks were filled with antique knives and skulls of different shapes and colors.

   Nico threw himself onto the bed, Cerberus jumping up with him and cuddling into him. He heard his phone ring and pulled it out. His father was face timing him.

   “Hello, dad,” Nico said as he answered.

   “My boy! How was your first day?” He said with a forced smile. The pale dark-haired man said, looking around the room he stood in. Nico had never gone to his work, too loud, too many adults, too many people telling him he was lucky.

   “It was fine.” He said. "How is work?"

   “Hades, we need you in room four eighteen!” Someone in the background yelled.

  “Sorry my boy, I must go, love you!”

   “I love–” Hades then hung up. “You too, dad.” Nico sighed, placing his phone to the side and cuddling up next to Cerberus. It wasn't an uncommon occurrence when his father would hang up on him mid-sentence. His eyes felt heavy, his body uneasy, and he felt himself slowly drift off into sleep.

   He awoke a little while later to someone walking into his room. The tall, blonde-haired woman with dark multicolored eyes stood in his doorway. Her outfit was a green dress that was decorated with different types of flowers, she wore white heels that only added to her height.

   “Are you eating with us tonight?” She asked, looking around his room and noticing the mess. She sighed slightly.

   “And by ‘us’ you mean, the dog and you, right? Because dad isn't home.” He asked, pulling his sheets back onto himself.

   “Your father is working so you can go to that nice school and have whatever you want.” She said,

   “Isn’t that what you thought when he had an affair with my mom? Oh and Hazel's mom? You give him the benefit of the doubt so often.” He said, reaching back and grabbing his phone but continuing to stare at the wall.

   “I am going to take that as you don’t want to eat dinner with us. Let’s go, Cerberus.” She said, patting her thigh. Cerberus jumped down and followed her out the door.

   “Traitor,” Nico muttered as he felt the warmth near his stomach from where the bulldog was lying faded.

   Hours passed and Nico laid in bed, unsleeping and scrolling through his social media. He heard a tapping at his window. He quickly grabbed a knife off his nightstand and stood up. It was dark outside which didn't help with him seeing as his room was only lit by rainbow LEDs. He swung open the curtain, raising his hand with the knife. The moonlight illuminated his room and his skin, giving it a glow. He saw the tan, dark-haired boy, staring directly at him.