Wanderlust

Waking up next to her was a blessing and I'd never take a single moment we spent together for granted ever again. This past year, I wasn't certain if I'd ever get to see her peaceful face as she slept or the way she scrunches up her nose and shuts one when she thinks again. It's the little things that I realized I had missed the most. From her obnoxious laugh and her contagious smile to the way she'd subconsciously pull me closer any time we were near. The way she'd let me play with her hands to clam my nerves. I didn't know how many people's lives had ceased to exist at the expense of those hands and I wasn't sure I ever wanted to. I was content simply telling myself that she had a guitarists hands and I loved the way they knew me inside and out. More than anything I missed the way she felt pressed against me, her heart beat in sync with mine. She would always be my definition of love. "Me without you is like New York without lights." I said wistfully.

"New York wouldn't be the same without it's lights." She challenged.

"Exactly. I'm not the same without you." I also missed our corny moments like these.

"C'mon pretty girl." She said suddenly. "We're going on a trip."

"In our favorite rocket ship?" I snickered.

She rolled her eyes with a good natured smile before narrowing them. "No and we aren't flying through the sky either."

"Aww. No fun." I pouted.

"Cheer up baby." She kissed my lips and I couldn't hold in my laugh as she tickled my sides.

"Tasting your smile is my favorite thing in the world." She grinned and kissed me once more.

I gave her a devilish smirk. "I thought it was my p-"

"Uh um." She shook her head and covered my mouth with her hand. "Don't ruin the moment."

We snuck out the back door, choosing not to tell anyone where we were going. Not that I had a clue anyway. I scrolled through my mentions on social media as she drove. I hadn't checked my phone in a while. Fans were going ballistic over the newfound knowledge of our relationship and Demi's mysterious disappearance and return. According to messages from my manager, basically every interviewer in the world wanted us on their show. "Phil says hi." I say sweetly.

"I'm sure he does. What does the little bastard want?"

"Dem!" I said slapping her arm and trying to be stern but failing. They had a love-hate relationship. They were friends at times, but often couldn't stand one another, opting to antagonize each other instead. They were grown adults but behaved like children. My theory is because he holds interest in her sister, Demi gives him a hard time. Dallas may be older, but Demi is still protective.

"We're wanted women." I told her teasingly.

"Figures. I'm guessing we broke the internet huh?"

"Pretty much." I shrugged.

"We'll deal with the press later. Right now is strictly our time." She said just as we passed the nyc city limit sign.

Shopping was my favorite past time, but definitely not hers. When we pulled up outside of a jewellers it dawned on me what she was about to do, so I squeeled and jumped over the arm rest to squeeze her. "I can't believe this is really happening." I started fanning my eyes. "Oh my god, I'm totally going to do the girl thing."

"Baby don't cry!" She laughed and pulled me back into her arms.

"I can't help it!" I cried. "This is literally what I've been dreaming of since I was, like, eight and you proposed to me with a ring pop at third grade graduation."