Adversity

Why do bad things happen to good people?

I'd never done anything to deserve this. My father was a drug lord, so what? It's not like that's my fault. I became a target by association. Sucks to be me.

My father was found, yes, as were most that worked for him, but his money was not and those that managed to fall off the grid for a while wanted it. The problem? No one knew where it was. I mean where do you even securely hide over ten billion dollars in cash?

They took me when I was coming home from the store one night. I usually never would've let it happen. I'm always on guard, even now, eleven years since. I felt as they stuck the needle in my neck. If these were my father's old men it was most likely, etorphine mixed with some sedative, so I didn't have a chance.

I knew they'd come for me eventually, I just didn't know when. They held me hostage for months. No matter how many times I told them I didn't know where the money was, they didn't believe a word I said. I managed to escape, but I'd be an idiot if I thought that they wouldn't find me again.

I was walking back through the woods when I saw it, a set of foot prints that weren't mine. Then I heard him, trailing behind me at approximately ten yards. I knew I could outrun him, but where would I go? I couldn't go back to the house and risk putting Carter and Sadie in danger.

"Carney." I heard the click. "Drop your gun, I'm unarmed."

"My dear, what have the years done to you? I thought I taught you to never be unprepared." He stepped from behind a tree, yup, ten yards away.

"I had a bit of memory loss. Just recovered actually, so you'll have to excuse my lack of preperation." I smiled sweetly.

"Oh pardon my interruption. I suppose you must want to get back to your little girlfriend now." My blood boiled.

"She stays out of this." I growled.

"Hmm. We'll see." His evil grin was the last thing I saw before I felt myself be drugged.

Fanfuckingtastic.

. . .

I was bound to the goddamn chair again. What's the point knowing I'll just untie myself?

He waltzed down the steps as I rubbed my wrists. "Too tight? I apologize."

"You can take your apology and shove it up your ass." I mumbled.

He chuckled. "It's so nice to see you my dear."

"Wish I could say the same."

"Oh you don't really mean that do you? I missed you deedee."

I cringed and scrunched my face up at that name. It's what he used to call me when I was little. "Cut the bullshit Joe. I don't know where the money is."

"Why are you lying to me?" He feigned offense.

"This isn't worth fighting about. Nothing I say is going to make you believe me, so go ahead send your minions to beat me up. I'll be waiting."

"As you wish my dear."

Four guys came down about an hour later. I could tell who they were right away. Lenny, Taj, Rocky and Ace. I'd killed Nic, Asher, Maverick and Gage when I last escaped. It's a shame I'd have to kill them too.

I didn't beat around the bush. I analyzed the situation, then went to work. A knife in Taj's neck, revenge for being the one to stab my shoulder, three bullets in Rocky's heart for the three in my side, I smashed Lenny's head into the cement until blunt force trauma killed him, for being the one to give me a concussion that caused me to loose my memory.

Ace was laying on the ground choking on his own blood from the where I shot him. I grabbed him by the hair. "Where are Dante and Luka!?"

"U-up s-stairs. T-th-third d-do-or." I snapped his neck and threw him aside like a rag doll. You'd think being a billionaire, my father's men would be trained enough to atleast be able to take down a 21 year old girl that stands 5'2" and weighs 125 llbs. Guess not.

I stormed up the stairs not even bothering to be quiet. I shot them both in the skull. All I had left was to find Carney. He taught me everything I know, so getting the upper hand would be difficult.

He hadn't stuck around, but I knew he'd be coming back. I hotwired one of the motorcycles and headed to find the nearest dealership, stole a car, and went on my way. I needed time to prepare, but I wanted to hurry.

The sooner I got this over with, the sooner I could go home.

Back to her.