Resurgent

"Lena! Turn that shit off. It's too early." She groaned.

I had to stifle a laugh. "Baby it's five o'clock in the evening. Now hush." She simply gave me a smart ass grin and I gave her look that said I mean it. She made it a habit to yell out vulgar, inappropriate and sometimes illegal things whenever I was in the phone. I clicked answer and put it to my ear.

"What's up?"

"You haven't been answering anyone's calls. Everything alright?" I could hear the worry and caution in his voice.

"I'm fine, my phone was just off."

"Oh alright. Are you sure? Cause I mean-"

I cut him off. "Jay I'm good. I promise. I've just been a little... preoccupied lately." I smirked and trailed my fingers down the bare skin of her exposed back and smiled proudly when she shivered and her skin erupted in goosebumps. It gave me a sense of pride knowing I had that effect on her.

"SELENA!"

"What?!"

"I've been saying your name for the past, like, two minutes now and you weren't responding. Are you sure your okay?" He sighed.

"Sorry I spaced and yes, for the third time, I'm fine."

"If you say so. Anyway Taylor mentioned visiting you tonight. Mind if we tag along?" I wasn't in the mood to get out of bed, but they'd want to see her.

"Yeah, sure. Come around 7."

. . .

We showered, together of course, to "save water." Now I'm finishing my make up as she's drying her hair. When I'm done, I go into our closet to find her green army jacket.

"You just love wearing my clothes don't you?" She smirked and slipped on a black and white flannel.

"It smells like you." I muttered. She walked over and pulled me close.

"I love you pretty girl." She whispered before kissing me slowly. The passion she put forth left me breathless.

"I love you too rockstar."

Ding

"That would be the door."

"You answer it. I'll be in the kitchen." She gave me one last kiss before we both went downstairs.

"Hey Tay." I looked over her shoulder as Nix held up two packs of beers and some tequila. "You came prepared." I grinned. Jay and Cruz carried bags of Jack in the box. "And you know me well." I motioned for them to come in. "Oh before I forget. I may have invited someone to join us."

"Since when do you have friends besides us?"

I scoffed. "Who said it was just a friend...?" I trailed off.

Taylor narrowed her eyes at me. "Oh my god- You have a date!? Why haven't you told me? Who is it? Do I know her? How'd you meet? What about Demi!? Just last week you said you would never move on and now you've already changed your mind and found someone else?" I could tell she was frustrated.

"Dem!" I called.

"Selena Marie." She warned. "Don't you play with us like that-"

Demi appeared in the hallway and all of their eyes widened.

"What the actual fuck!" We both laughed at Taylor's reaction.

"When did you-" "Where have you-" "Why-" "How-" "I thought you were dead." Every head snapped in attention to Cruz at the last comment.