"Iguro-San"

He sharply turned his gaze to her,

"Can you lift your hair up? I need to reapply the bandages." She smiled.

He complied after a few moments, lifting his hair up with his hands as Kaburamaru hissed at the closeness of the girl. They were indeed close, only a few inches apart but it seemed the girl was too engrossed in her activity of wrapping to notice. He flinched when her finger pushed a lose strand behind his ear.

"Sorry" She apologized half-heartedly.

"Your hands are cold."

She stopped wrapping his face and blinked owlishly at him before pressing one of her hands to her face, "No? I don't think so."

"They are."

"Perhaps..." She chuckled awkwardly as she continued to wrap his face again.

After a few more moments of silence Iguro tilted his head.

"Iguro-San don't do that." She fixed his head straight, "You might mess up how the bandages are wrapped."

"Are you not going to ask?" He curtly asked.

"Ask what?" she gave him a small look while he still avoided eye contact.

"Ask how I got..." He clenched his jaw; he hates his scar as much as he hated himself. He felt disgusting just having it as it was a reminder of who he was.

She was quiet and he froze as she reached past his shoulders to tie the bandages in place. He wanted to take back his statement from earlier when he said her hands where cold. As her body wrapped around his in a way like she was hugging him, he could feel the warmth radiating off her. Whether it was her kindness or just her body temperature he didn't know. Her long h/c hair tickled his cheeks, making him shiver when a strand poked at his exposed scar.

"It's none of my business how this happened to you Iguro-San, I'm just here to help you." He heard her chuckle softly, "It's like I tell my crows when they first come in, it doesn't matter who or what they were before they came into the Corps, but a Kagusai crow is what they are now. It may be overzealous for just a crow, but they seem to like it."

Kaburamaru started unwinding off his shoulder and he raised one of his eyebrows. He heard a small squeak behind his as Y/n almost lost her footing, grabbing onto Iguros shoulder for support.

"Kaburamaru! Be careful you scared me!" She said giggling.

He turned his head to realize the snake had moved off his neck and had slithered his way to coil around the girl's arm.

"Kaburamaru, don't do that come here." He narrowed his eyes; most people didn't like snakes. If there where ok with them they usually still didn't like touching them or letting the snake coil around them. Especially girls.