Chapter 61: Tory La Tóxica

ابدأ من البداية

Out of nowhere, Selena accidentally releases the tiniest of laughs and covers her mouth. Everyone turns to her, confused. "Sorry. It's just so awkward," she apologizes, not being able to fight her smile. She sometimes laughs when she feels awkward, she inherited this from her mother. Miguel slightly chuckles at this, finding it adorable. Tory turns to him, giving him a look. The boy's smile is wiped off his face when he looks at her. "Let's go," the blonde suggests, walking away. Miguel takes one last glance at Selena before following his girlfriend.

Selena, Sam, and Robby exchange a look. "Well, this is gonna be one hell of a party," Selena sighs. All of a sudden, Moon comes up to them. "Sam! Sel! I'm so glad you guys came. Kegs are out back, drinks are in the kitchen, and the vegan pigs in a blanket just got out of the oven," she informs them. "Moon, you never said anything about inviting Cobra Kai," Sam tells her. "Well, I figured with summer ending and school starting back up, we could stop all the fighting and be friends again," Moon explains.

Selena is moved by her mindset but she knows it's unrealistic. "It's wishful thinking," Sam remarks. "Yeah and very unlikely," Selena chimes in. It's gonna take more than a party to get multiple people on the same page. "Guys, trust me. Get rid of all this negative energy. Clear your chakras and have some fun," Moon tells them before walking off. She makes it sound so easy, Selena thinks. "Is she not aware that they are the negative energy?" she asks, looking at the Cobras.

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]

Don Corazon's

"Michelada," the waitress announces with a big smile as she places the alcoholic beverage on the table in front of Rosalía. "Gracias [thank you]," the woman replies, grinning politely. "Don Julio 70, extra chilled," the waitress says as she sets Daniel's drink down. "Thank you," he responds as she walks around him to Johnny's table. "And for this table, we have another michelada," she announces, placing the drink in front of Carmen. "Gracias," she responds. "And Coors Banquet," the waitress sets Johnny's beer down. "Thank you," he tells her.

The waitress strides away and Rosalía smiles at Carmen. She nods her head toward her drink and pipes up, "tienes buen gusto [you have good taste]." Carmen chuckles and eyes Rosalía's drink as well. "Usted también [You too]," she responds, making the other woman chuckle. Meanwhile, Daniel eyes Johnny judgementally before gazing down at his menu, which the blonde takes note of. He peers at the beer in his hand before glancing at Daniel. "What, you got something to say?" he accusingly asks.

Daniel peers up at him and shrugs. "No, nothing, Johnny. Enjoy your Coors," he mockingly voices, nodding to the other man's beer. He shifts his eyes to his wife, who gives him a scolding look. I thought this was supposed to be a night away from the kids, now I'm stuck with these two little boys, she thinks. Johnny glares at the tan man, knowing he's mocking him. He shakes his head and glances at Carmen, taking a swig of beer. "So, did I tell you I had to double the classes at Cobra Kai? So many kids want to join my dojo," he tells her, peeking at Daniel.

Rosalía knows that was meant for Daniel but chooses to ignore it and continues to read her menu. "Wow, that's great. I'm so proud of you, Johnny," Carmen responds. All of a sudden, Daniel pipes up, "I love how passionate my students are." His wife snaps her head up upon hearing him. "Sure, there may not be as many, but they have heart," he finishes. Rosalía just stares at him tiredly before annoyedly sighing, "oh, my God... Are we really doing this right now?" She looks between the two men.

"I'm just saying, it's not the quantity, it's the quality," her husband claims. "No, bigger is better," Johnny counteracts. "Yeah, well, it was just little old me at the All Valley. So, I didn't need an army. Just the right moves," Daniel proudly states. Rosalía is bored of this nonsensical dispute already. "Oh, my God, 35 years later and it's the same shit. Are you two not embarrassed?" she curtly voices, giving the men stern looks. They fall silent as they glance at her, feeling a bit embarrassed now that she called them out.