Chapter 42

Chapter 42. Friend

What?! Dalawang buwan simula ngayong araw ay pupunta sila sa Pilipinas?! What the hell?! I am not an overacting, I know that Jessica will bring me with them!

Damn! I promised to myself that I won't go back there!

"Really?! Finally! We're going to Philippines! I can't believe it! We're going back there! How I missed that country, Phoenix!" Jessica exclaimed ecstatically. "Sobrang important talaga sa akin ang Philippines!"

Nalaglag ang panga ko nang marinig si Jessica na nagsalita gamit ang Tagalog na lenguwahe. Napatunganga ako ngunit ngumisi lamang siya sa akin at nag-peace sign. Hindi ako makapaniwala at napaawang ang bibig kong nakatitig kay Jessica.

"You never mentioned to me that you know how to speak Tagalog, Jessica! You just spoke it!" I pointed her.

She chuckled. "Marunong naman ako but medyo slight lang."

What?! Medyo slight?! This is freaking me out! May salita bang medyo slight at ba't ang conyo niya pakinggan?! Oh well! For me, it's better if she talk in English instead of Tagalog!

"Y-You don't really know how to speak Tagalog well," prangkang puna ko sa kaniya. "Anyway, I bet you understand it since you just spoke it. Am I right?"

She nodded her head immediately. "Yes, of course!

I stressfully massaged the bridge of my nose because I really can't believe her. Imagine, ha. Nagtiis ako sa pag-e-English ng halos anim na buwan na pakikipag-usap sa kaniya pero nakakaintindi pala siya ng Tagalog? Great, huh!

"Jessica, you fooled me, do you know it?" I calmly informed her. "Marunong ka naman pala mag-Tagalog, eh! Ba't kasi 'di mo sinabi?"

She laughed shyly. "I am sorry, okay? And you didn't ask me about it, Steris. How can I tell you about it if you didn't ask me, right? And also, not every time I understand Tagalog well. Minsan kasi some of the Filipinos are using a deep Tagalog that it's so arduous for me to understand it."

"Matalinhagang salita?" I arched a brow at her.

Lumabi siya. "Yes, it's really hard for me to understand the maalinlangang salita minsan because---"

"It's matalinhagang salita, Jessica," I cut her off and corrected her.

"Oh, my bad," she apologized. "Then also that!" She pointed out. "Not every time, I can speak the Tagalog language kasi mayroong time na sobrang hard talaga sa akin to say those words."

"What?" Umangat ang kilay ko bago umiling sa kaniya. "Honestly, Jessica. For me, it's better if you speak in English instead!" I told her my opinion.

"Why naman? It doesn't sounds good if I speak Tagalog?" she asked and gave me puppy eyes.

"Hindi, Jessica. Masyado kasing conyo at... mas nasanay kasi ako na English ka nang English sa akin," pahayag ko.

She pouted. "Why naman kasi ganoon? Hindi ko knows how to speak pure Tagalog, eh, that's why I sounded conyo."

Napasentido ako. "That is it, Jessica! You can't speak pure Tagalog, then speak pure English instead!"

I heard Phoenix laughed beside me. "She's being conyo, Steris. She's forcing herself to talk Tagalog even though she can't."

"I am not forcing myself, huh!" Jessica defended herself. "It was you na English nang English even though you're in the Philippines!"