63: Part 1.

hey babes: i decided to split this chap in half. it was too long and i wasn't ever going to be finished in time without making you wait. so here's the first part of chap 63. i hope you love it. <3

Chilling

Chilling.

That was how I could describe what I was feeling. The excessive amounts of goosebumps that covered my dust crusted skin. The temperature, wherever I am, was terribly cold. I can't possibly begin to describe the feeling of how fear mixed with temperatures that force your body to shake to maintain homeostasis feel.

I was cold and scared. And that is not something that I wanted to feel.

I had no idea what was going to happen. The inside of my elbows ached and I knew exactly why. The morphine injections were at a dosage too high for my body weight and injected too quickly into my bloodstream. I can only pray they injected me correctly and I don't have an embolism somewhere.

I knew two things.

I most likely wasn't alone in this room. This dark and cold room. And Harry was coming. He was coming for me, but somehow I didn't find any comfort in that. I once again didn't open my eyes because the morphine injections would make me dizzy at this rate and I didn't want to get nauseous on top of all the other things.

I didn't find any comfort in Harry rescuing me for a multitude of reasons. Jason had multiple men awaiting his arrival, and he was being set up. Him coming to find us would be his end and I think he knew that. He just cares more about us than he does himself. He would rather keep me alive with Anna and his sister and let himself die. He had been selfless his entire life, never a day going by where he was selfish.

He sacrificed his body, his morals, his humanity just to keep the three, now four, of us safe. Since he was sixteen he did his father's bidding in this industry and never said a word about it to keep his chosen three safe. Now Grant being roped into it has Anna in danger. Anyone associated with Jason Styles' son has harm coming to them and it's inevitable.

Maybe if I die I'll see my father again.

I could hear the shallow yet soft breathing of others around me as I focused my ears towards the noises. But then as I tuned in on every sound, my hearing was heightened by the lack of other senses available to me, I could hear dust blowing up throughout the room. I could hear the small and weak struggles against an object.

It was almost as if we were chess pieces in a huge chess game and Jason was playing us.

A whirl of dust flew up towards my face, I squeezed my eyes shut even tighter than they were before. The particles flying up my nostrils and tickling the inner linings of my nose. A sneeze was coming. I braced myself to make any noise, trying to conceal my struggle quietly.

I was so close to letting go when... flick.

The lights.

Even with my eyes closed, the change in area lighting was visible through my eyelid. It wasn't a huge change, I could tell the lighting in the room was dimmer than in a regular room. I squeezed my eyes even tighter and let a breath go as my muscles weaken from any kind of drug that is still running through my system. I hear them now. Heavy footsteps are now clearly heard. I wait anxiously for anything. A voice, a touch, a slap, anything. I waited for a good twenty seconds before I heard the soft whimpering.