reunion

"What is this proving again?" Dean asks, hovering over a knelt-down Sakiko.

Sakiko steadies her hand, fixating her belt buckle to meet the sun's rays. When she doesn't answer, Emma taps Dean's shoulder and he sighs- stepping away from the teen.

After a few minutes, there's the smallest glimmer of light coming back from inside the 'A' train car.

"Michonne," Sakiko sighs, resting her head on the train car.

"What?"

Sakiko stands, wrapping her belt around her hand to make a sort of brass knuckle.

"My friends are in the other train car," Sakiko explains, "They're still alive."

The duo doesn't question the girl's antics, figuring it was head trauma.

"Hey, you," she points to Dean, "Give me a leg up?"

"What?" he asks.

She points up to the roof, "You said they dropped those smoke bombs from there, right? If we can get up there, maybe I can-"

"You're streaming blood from your head like the Niagara Falls. You should sit down before you pass out in us again. The last thing we need is you turning into a flesh-eater in here," Dean argues.

"If we don't get out of here and find our friends-"

"Forget it," Dean holds his hand up.

Sakiko shoots him a glare that he rolls his eyes at.

"Fine," she spits.

She drops the belt to the ground, dusting her hands off on her jeans.

"What are you doing?" Emma asks wearily.

Sakiko ignores her, doing a quick jump to ready herself before taking off into a sprint to the other side of the train car, kicking off the wall and hitting up at the ceiling. As she lands back on her feet, the sound echoes in the small space and rattles the sides from the force.

"She's fucking crazy," Dean mutters.

Sakiko holds back her own insult in favor of readying herself for another jump. This time, when her feet hit the ground, there's a loud explosion outside that knocks all three off their feet.

--

"Na? Nanami?" Daryl pats Nanami's cheeks, "Cmon, wake up, buddy."

Slowly, Nanami's eyes opened though they stayed out of focus and tired.

"You with me?" Daryl asks.

Nanami does a single nod that he regrets right after as he feels a pain course from his head, behind his eyes, and down his spine.

"All right," Daryl breathes out in relief, informing the others quickly, "He's okay. We got a plan?"

Rick looks around for a moment, "We gotta get to the others first."

"Sakiko," Daryl remembers, "Did you see her?"

"She's.. She's in another car," Nanami swallows as Daryl helps him sit upright, "With two other members of my group."

Daryl looks at him for a second before the emotion completely takes him over and he wraps his boy into a hug. He'd never thought he'd be able to hold Nanami in his arms again, it felt like it was the first miracle in Daryl Dixon's life.

"Na, what the hell happened?" he asks as Nanami tiredly rests his arms around Daryl's back.

"We can talk later," Rick reminds, "We have to make it through this first."