the other half

Sakiko was an observant person.

After years of being trained by Daryl, his skills were quickly wearing off onto her. She could tell when people were having a conversation with their eyes and if those intentions were about her.

She could track with the best of them, hunt with the greater ones.

So, as Alex, the brother of the man in charge of Terminus, leads them through the community, Sakiko could feel those alarms sounding in her head.

They hadn't gone back for Hershel and Ryan yet- only Daryl, Michonne, and Rick with her inside. But, she thinks that's for the best as she watches everyone with close eyes and alert ears.

She could see the sight of a grill ahead and even more people. But, even though she was starving, she didn't want to get distracted just yet.

Lowly, she whistles and Daryl shakes his head at her- knowing their secret calls and what she was about to attempt.

"Do you have a bathroom?" she asks Alex, "I haven't had a toilet in almost a week."

Daryl rolls his eyes at her bluntness and Michonne gives her a look to not pry anymore.

"Sure thing," Alex smiles at her before looking over to another woman that was walking by, "Christy? Could you take our friend here to the bathroom?"

The woman smiles at Alex as well, only creeping Sakiko out more.

"Kiko," Daryl whispers.

Sakiko raises her eyebrow at him, reassuring him that she was fine before following the Christy woman into a building.

"So, you've been here since the beginning? This place is huge," Sakiko grins to Christy once they're inside.

"It gives plenty of room to feel.. Free," Christy decides on the word, "Safe, too. But the space makes it feel like we're not locked behind fences and gates."

Sakiko looks the woman over, keeping herself a step behind just to be safe.

"Right down the hall here-"

A gunshot rings through the air and the woman lets out a gasp as Sakiko grabs her from behind, placing a knife to her throat.

There's more gunfire- screaming following close behind as Sakiko digs the blade a bit deeper until there's blood.

"What is this place?" she asks the woman.

"No! No! Please, please, let me go," Christy cries.

Sakiko forces her fear aside, a rapid gun going off that gives her goosebumps.

"Where are they taking my people?" Sakiko asks.

"I-I don't know!" she whines, "I don't! Really!"

Another gun fires, this one directly beside Sakiko's boot. She quickly turns, placing the woman between herself and the gunman.

He gets closer and Sakiko takes steps backward until she's by a door. With a sudden movement, she slashes Cristy's throat and ducks into the room.

With no time to waste, she drags a dresser against the door and looks around. She finds a window, running to it and flinging it open before ducking into the space by the door.

With a grunt, the man forces the door open and runs to the window, pointing his gun out in search of Sakiko. With the distraction, Sakiko climbs over the dresser and stabs her knife into the man's shoulder. He screams and she wraps her other arm around his throat until he drops the gun.

"My people- where are they taking them?" she growls in his ear.

"Train- Train car," he gasps, clawing at her arm.

"Which one?" she demands, tightening her grip again.

"'D'," he chokes, "Train car 'D'."

Sakiko closes her eyes as she pulls back, stabbing the man in the head and dropping his body to the floor. She hurries out the window, dropping down onto the pavement.

"D.. D.." she mutters to herself, racing alongside the building.

She peers past the corner, now hearing the gunfire go silent. She breathes out in relief, able to think clearly without the rounds sounding throughout the place.

Running through the yard, she hears the distant sound of Gareth, the leader, yelling. Yelling at his people to find 'the girl' at that and she knew he was talking about her.

Soon enough, Sakiko spots the fence and remembers Ryan and Hershel waiting out there for a sign. With wide eyes, she quickens her pace to make it there.

Just as her fingers lace through the metal, someone grabs her jacket and throws her to the concrete.

On the ground, she fights to regain her breath from the sudden impact, searching for her other knife on her side.

"Radio Gareth, tell him we found her!" the man shouts to another further down the yard.

Sakiko rolls, coughing in pain as she attempts to crawl away.

She only makes it a foot or so until two men catch up to her, picking her up by her arms and toting her to a nearby train car.

Once close enough, she at least sees that they're carrying her to 'D'. That's where the others would be. That was the most optimistic she could be about it.

The door creams as it opens, making Sakiko's ears ring until the men are picking her up and tossing her carelessly inside before closing the door once more.

Her head was still spinning from the fall onto the concrete, eyes blurry in the darkness of the train car

"Oh my god, are you okay?" a woman's voice asks.

"Michonne?" Sakiko hopes, eyes rolling into the back of her head.

"She's bleeding from the head," another voice inspects, "Concussion if she's lucky"

There's a soft touch on her side, rolling Sakiko to lay on her back. She blinks a couple of times, trying to see the woman's face.

"Maggie?" she hopes again, the woman having similar hair to Maggie- though Sakiko couldn't focus on her face.

"Sakiko?" someone else asks.

The person kneels beside her, placing their hands on her cheeks to get her to look at them.

"Daryl?" she questions, the name slurring as her head lolls to the side.

"Sakiko, look at me!" the voice pleads.

Sakiko lets out a whine of pain, forcing her eyes to open up again. Lethargically, she meets the person's eyes and scans over their features.

"S-Sakiko.. Please," he begs.

Sakiko blinks again, wondering if the blow to the head had killed her and she was in heaven.

She moves her lips to speak, nothing coming out at first until she tries again.

"Nanami.."

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

🏃‍♀️💨