4. Tragedy and distraught

What should ofhappened

A report was aired on a Saturday afternoon.

the school phoned the police about Tenko's disappearance as it was protocol. The police took the report and went to investigate the first possibility of where he could be – the Shimura's household.

It was on a street that was not as close to the housing community but lay on the outskirts of the neighbourhood. It was a house that was at least 50 meters away from a neighbour and known to be built by the head of the household, who was a businessman Kotaro. But that house -that was once identified as a single-family detached home ... is a crumbling pile of a mess on the floor; a recent hazardous zone that wasn't registered in the books??

The police instantly went to inspect- after having people precheck if it was stable to go through -of course- but what they found was a horrific sight.

Live report of Japan's local news in district Shinga ken:

"discovered on Wednesday xx in Shinga ken prefecture was a familicide on the Shimura's. It only came to be known from a child being reported missing, only to find out they had been murdered.

They were last seen on Friday in the local community park but were found dead on Wednesday. Investigators are on the scene behind me at this single-family home where lays the decayed house, it's as if the murderer wanted to hide their tracks of the tragedy taken place here.

I am also with Hurato who lives around the corner"

"did you know that murder was committed against your neighbours?"

"not at all! we rarely get to see them as they live at most 50 meters away! even the collapse of the building wasn't heard from where we lived!! What a sad thing to find out about."

"thank you. Investigators report that the damage wasn't done from the inside of the house but from the outside as the deceased was found in the back garden along with the family dog.

Structural engineer Tam deciphers the occurrence of the fall and says."

"as you can see from the structure of the house that it was made fairly well and the only possibility for the house to have collapsed was by the intervention of the surface. it was proven by my team that the ground was what took damage and the house only subsided because the ground caved in from underground."

"And now a word from the local heroes concerning this case."

"we replicate our condolences to the Shimura's and vow to look for these criminals and serve them justice for what they did to this family. We will continue to make sure this community is safe for everyone without any doubt!!"

...

"Next on the agenda- "

"oh no!!" mum gasped. looking up from my toys, I checked the TV to see what happened. But before I could look at the screen it was abruptly turned off.

"Mama, what happens?" I asked

"um something very sad happened sweetie, we should show our condolences to our... neighbours as they have passed away." She looked reluctant to say. Avoiding eye contact and putting a sad posterior.

"oh, that is sad"

"... yh so let's watch something else okay?"

"yh"