Chapter 3: The First Date

Lumiere would arrive with his sisters countless time after their first visit, and after being toured around by Licht multiple times, Lumiere found himself exploring on his own sometimes tetia would accompany her older brother, leaving their youngest in the hands of Licht.

"As full of energy as they usually is." Licht chuckled after Lumiere and tetia ventured on their own.

"Yes, unfortunately." Elle sighed but laugh softly at her older siblings,

"Well, let's not make your visit a waste. I can take you to our animal sanctuary?" Licht offered,

"Mmhm.That would be nice.~" Elle singsong a reply and followed the male elf to a nearby park with lots of little animal running around.

"This must be Vetto's playground." Elle commented when they arrived, placing herself in the middle of the park.

"Yes. He likes to spend his time with this fury animals. A gentle giant." he added,

"You are the most gentle." Elle had blurted out innocently and unconsciously throwing soft remarks as she played with the animals.

"O-oh!" the remark had taken Licht aback slightly and he soon smiled at the compliment. "Thank you Elle. So are you." he replied and made his way to her, sitting with her on the grass of the park. And start to play with the animals together with Elle.

After their numerous visits, they've grown comfortable with each other even without Lumiere and Tetia. Licht would ask her things to prompt her to speak more and Elle would not stop talking once she is encouraged. Their topic would most of the time be about her training in controlling her magic and and also explaining the poor conditions that some humans has to live in and how she wishes she could help them. Licht would listen with much consideration, taking notes and offering advice when he has one.

Elle, for once, felt like she could be herself around Licht. Most people except her Older siblings would laugh or say it's a dream for her to want to help the ones in need, but Licht listened carefully, without any hint of judgement, he even seemed like he shares the same worry with her.

"I guess it's about time we go back, Lumiere and tetia would be looking for me." Elle had said after spending a few hours of just talking with Licht,

"I guess so, Princess." he chuckled and they both stood up from the ground they were sitting on when suddenly a big Tree threatens to fall, caused by the nearby playful sparring done by the younger elves.

"Watch out!" Licht had pulled Elle to his side protecting her in his embrace with one of his arm, while the other he used to block the tree from falling down.

"Licht-san! We're so sorry!" the younger elves had ran to them to apologize and Elle had thought that the leader of the elves would throw them a scolding but instead he gave them a smile and gently but in a firm tone said, "it's okay. Pay attention next time. Be mindful of other people."

"Yes, Licht-san!" they all said in unison and turned to walk away, but the female younger ones took longer to turn and giggled at both Licht and Elle,"We're sorry for interrupting your special time." and then they ran away while giggling to each other.

Licht was gaping at their comments, but soon realize what they meant when he finally regained his composure and realize that Elle was still in his embrace, her face clearly red from the action. "O-oh.im sorry, Lady Elleonora." he let go of her then.

"It's quite alright, Licht-kun and please call me Elle since Elleonora is a bit to long." She bashfully play with her hands and looked away. "You keep saving me from disaster!"

Licht had notice the change from Licht-san to Licht-kun and she also allow him to call her by her nickmane, and had also noticed how it is true that he had saved her from many accident that could have happened to her, the first being the tornado incident, and then followed by minor things like her almost falling into a hole or her tripping on a tree branch.

"You're truly my knight in shining armor." Elle said softly, she remembered the first time she was saved by Licht, scooped her out of nowhere, saving her from danger in his pair of strong arms.

"Ah, I don't think it's that big of a deal, Elle." he smiled and bashfully rubbed his neck. "Should we head back to Lumiere and Tetia then?" Licht offered,

"Yes, it'll be dangerous if the other royalties found out about our visit to the elves. We'll get punished!" Elle shuddered and turned to the way they had come from,

"Rest assured, Princess Elle. I will let no harm come to you or your siblings." he smiled as he walked beside her.

She had become his other mission, he had to protect her. Licht holds a noble character, and he instinctively always protected the weaker ones. Just like how one upon a time, he had protected Vetto from a group of rowdy humans and how Licht had become Vetto's embodiment of hope.

This time, however, it is the other way around, though Licht was again the one who does the Protecting, he was protecting the hope that had become embodied in Elle, for she had become his hope for a better future, and he had to protect that hope and future at all cost.

===================================

TO BE CONTINUED