chapter 4: real life & instagram

"Ughhh, why can't I memorize this stupid word?" I groan silently to myself, making sure not to wake up Kate who was currently still asleep in my bed.

I sigh and pick up another stack of flashcards, deciding to simply circle back to the pile of terms I still have a difficult time memorizing.

I flash my eyes towards my bed as I hear Kate stirring but she just adjusts her position without waking up. Ever since our failed night out last weekend, she has been crashing at my apartment, barely getting out of bed most days and wallowing in her heartbreak.

I mentally debated just dragging her out and forcing her out of the house on Wednesday, but seeing as her current mental health is not the greatest, I decided against it.

After we left the club, I found her outside standing next to Alexander, who was sweetly trying to calm her crying but miserably failing. At that point, he had called (and - against my protest - also paid for) a cab to take us home. I thanked him as best as I could with a crying Kate next to me and a hand that was starting so swell up after punching Aaron in the face.

I found out yesterday that I did in fact break his nose via a mutual friend but somehow didn't feel guilty about it, cheating bastard.

I did manage to exchange numbers with Alexander and we've been texting back and forth the past week, however with me studying for exams and him spending a lot of time with his family, there wasn't really much time for deep conversations. We've been updating the other throughout our days and he's been asking about Kate's current state of heartbreak, too.

It is now Friday but I seriously doubt that we'll be going out this weekend. With a sudden newfound load of determination, I put down my study cards and decide to do some grocery shopping for some nice meals the next couple of days.

I put on a white top along with some zebra printed pants, grabbing my keys and wallet on the way out and stuff them in my tote bag.

@ellieherrera: let's get this bread

liked by alexzverev123 and 2,538 others

show more comments...

@user: mommy? sorry..mommy? sorry..mommy?

@user: where did you get those pants??

@user: omg she finally posted again, we were getting worried about you queen

@ellieherrera: @user no need to worry, just dealing with some personal things and studying <3

@user: @ellieherrera omg thank you for replying, good luck on your finals!

@user: this outfit is not it

@user: @user that attitude is also not it, babe. she looks stunning. go spread your negativity somewhere else xoxo