chapter 1: real life/social media

Twitter💙
@elherrera: just watched a tennis match for the first time ever, alexander zverev really is zaddy material huh

14,728 likes, 361 comments

@elherrera:

why did nobody tell me that ATP players were so hot, might just have to start playing tennis👀

15,910 likes, 619 comments

@user: LMAOOO this took me out
@user: sis we been knew, under what ROCK have you been living?
@katybaby: *silently agrees because boyfriend is sitting next to me* whoops
@mischazverev: seems like you've made quite the impression @alexzverev
@alexzverev: @mischazverev i might indeed have
@alexzverev: @elherrera i'd teach you any day you'd like👀

@elherrera: NOT HIM SEEING THIS bye i gotta go jump out the window see ya never

@elherrera: yall did me dirty, why did you have to make the one embarrassing tweet go viral, snitches
|
|
|
@alexzverev: @elherrera now now, not so hasty. can't teach you tennis if you jump out the window before i get the chance to see your pretty little self attempt to beat me can i?

[Ellie's POV]
Oh my actual god. I cannot believe this is happening.

I close the Twitter app and blindly dial Kate's number, gasping as she picks up after not even one ring.

"BITCH, did you see that?" she exclaims loudly, matching my disbelief.
"I know right, why did that exact tweet have to go viral? I feel kind of insulted, my other tweets are usually much funnier" I pout with a hint of annoyance.

"No but seriously, how did this happen? And he was so obviously flirting with you I swear to god if you don't jump that I will, sorry Aaron."

I snort. "Kate, you've been dating for literally three years, I don't think you'd give that up for a tennis player living probably halfway across the world."

"Well yeah, but a girl can dream, right? Besides, you need to DM him! Get those digits." I can hear her smirk over the phone.

"Are you crazy? As if! He probably just found it funny and has long forgotten about it by now" I argue.

"Well, if you don't give him your number I might just have to..." she trails off.

My eyes go wide. "Catherine Maria Alonso! You wouldn't dare" I say, trying my best to mimick her mother's spanish accent.

"You sound just like my mother, scary" she shudders.

"No but seriously Kate, I can't get involved in something like this. Anyway, I have to study for my anatomy exam coming up. No boy is worth dropping my average for" I reply.