[14]"You want to know how he disappeared"

Start from the beginning

You three girls sat at the edge of the room watching the mayhem. It turns out Lila is quite a good violinist, her mum had been teaching her since she was small. But she didn't want to let anyone know so she only played briefly.

Finally the bell rang and you could leave. Sarah disappeared quickly as always so you walked with Pete and the twins out towards the car park.

"Maybe I'll learn a trumpet instead" said Pete to Cooper, "it's just as cool but it looks easier"

"Yea that would be so cool! I want to learn to play the drum set!"

Both boys carried on the exciting conversation all through the halls and down the front steps.

That's when you all saw happy pull up in his large black car. "Hey kids!" He shouted through the window, "we're all going to the compound for a couple hours everyone get in".

Excited, you all hopped in and put your seatbelts on. Before you could say anything the boys started to yell at happy about their music lesson. "I'm gonna play a trumpet!" "And I'm going to play the drums!" They shouted.

After they eventually quietened down Lila finally asked what you'd been thinking. "Why are we going to the tower on a Monday?"

When Happy didn't answer straight away, all attention was faced to him. "Well..... we need to cheer up Wanda today, so we're going to eat some food and hang out at the tower".

"Why does Wanda need cheering up?" asked Pete.

You spoke up for the first time, "it's the 15th anniversary of pietros disappearance isn't it?" You asked.

"Was that her brother?" Said Cooper

"It was her twin" said Lila sadly.

The car was filled with a quiet sadness for a moment before you spoke again, "we should get sushi, that's her favourite"

Happy smiled at you through the mirror, "I think that's a good idea y/n".

Stopping in front of the compound, everyone jumped out the car and ran inside. "I've brought the children!" Exclaimed happy as he walked into the main room.
"Yay" said Sam in a very unexcited voice.

"Nice to see you to Sammy!" You shouted and began to run away as he got up to chase you. "Did your dad tell you to say that!" He screamed after you running out the room.

For the next hour everyone talked and played games together to try and distract Wanda for just a few hours. Pete did some magic tricks, some of which were actually very good, the spidey senses must come in handy. Others just ended up with playing cards covering the floor.

After a long time of laughing and clutching stomachs the sushi finally arrived. All the kids sat in a circle on the floor at the corner of the room when Wanda came to sit. "Hey guys i heard it was your idea to get sushi! Such a good idea, its my favourite", she grinned at you all so you smiled back stuffing your faces.

For ages everyone tried to guess how Pete did his magic but he wouldn't tell no matter how much you asked. "Fine then peter, keep your secrets" Wanda said smiling.
After a moment of silence Lila turned back to Wanda, "may i ask you a question, about Pietro? I understand if you don't want to talk about it".

Everyone else froze until she spoke back, "yes you can ask a question".

Lila appeared to breathe a sigh of relief before she calmly and slowly asked, "was he like you?".

All eyes turned to Wanda as she was silent and appeared to drift off looking into the distance. Everyone gave worried glances unsure of what to do until she answered. "No. He was very different. He loved sports, he could out run anyone! And he was happy all the time, always smiling and never worried about anything. Well except me i suppose, he was always so caring and worried about me being safe. And any chance he got he would help people with anything they needed.

I remember this one time a neighbour lost his dog, it was a small, dirty white chihuahua with its tongue always sticking out. We were only around 6 at the time but the man seemed so worried so of course we went to look for it. After a few hours i got tired and went back home but he stayed out looking for it all day. Everyone started to worry when it got dark and he still wasn't home so me, my mum and my dad walked to the mans house just in case he was there. He wasn't, but just before we left to find him he appeared covered in blood and mud clutching a very angry looking little dog.

Of course my parents ran over to him completely worried but he just smiled and walked past them to hand the dog back. He said he'd followed it for hours because it wouldn't let him near it, until it started getting dark so he jumped into the mud and grabbed it. That was why he was covered in bite marks but he didn't care, he was so happy he'd found the dog".

She was laughing by now and everyone else was letting out small giggles. "Oh and you know what else?! One time it was snowing and he wanted to test the slopes to make sure it was safe before i went on it and he flew straight into a nettle bush!"

"What!" Shouted cooper "tell us, tell us!"

Tony watched from across the room at you all giggling to Wanda's stories. He was so happy she seemed to be enjoying today as it was always a tense time in the tower. He hadn't seen her smile like that in a long time, all her teeth showing and her head swinging back with every big laugh. He was even more shocked when he realised you were all talking about pietro, aside from the odd, forced conversation she never spoke about him. Hopefully it would be good for her.

Eventually, you stopped with the stories and finished your food when Clint shouted that they were going to watch Alice in wonderland as it was Wanda's favourite. "I call the beanbag!" Shouted Pete running off with the twins right behind leaving just you and wanda.

"I know what your thinking", she said, "did you forget i can read minds".

You looked shocked for a second, "o-oh no sorry, you don't have to say anything i-i was just wondering".

"It's ok" she replied softly, "you want to know how he disappeared".

You looked up and slightly nodded.

"Well", she started. "I dont know how much you know so ill start from the beginning. We lived with our parents until we were around ten, they were killed by a bomb so we became orphans. Not long after some bad people took us, the same bad people that made you. Well they experimented on us, that's how i got my powers I wasn't born with them.

After seven years pietro broke us out and we ran away. We were on the run for a long time and we didn't exactly have anywhere to go. One night, it was really late and the rain was so heavy, we were hiding in an old motel when we heard commotion outside. Pietro went to look when he suddenly turned back around and told me to run. He pushed me out the fire escape and said he would find me, that i should just keep running. I did as he said, just as i saw him open the front door and run out.

I should have ran away but i snuck back and peeked around the wall. And i saw maybe twenty men lying dead on the floor and cars with open doors and alarms blaring. I couldn't see him through the rain so i did as he said and ran in the opposite direction, because he said he'd find me, so I believed him. But i never saw him again, i also never saw or heard from the bad people again except for when we got you. I don't know what happened to them or Pietro".

You looked into her sad eyes fighting back tears of your own. "I'm sorry you had to go through that" you whispered.

"I know" she said sadly, "unfortunately we both had to go through that, your dad to. Thankfully it will never happen again". She said the last words with a sense of vigour. "Now come, we have the best film ever to watch" she said holding out her hand. You took it and walked over to join the others.

At the end of the night everyone said their goodbyes and went home to carry on with their normal weeks.