Chapter 21

Lauren's POV

I let out a bored sigh, absentmindedly tapping my leg as I look around the room. I hadn't realized how boring it'd be to just sit in here while Louis worked. He'd told me I was free to go out and talk with the fans, but obviously that wasn't going to happen. As my eyes scan the room, they land on Niall's abandoned laptop. I steal a glance over at Louis who's hard at work, leaning over a table with Niall and Harry as they work on lyrics. I quietly grab at the computer, pulling it over to me. I grin with satisfaction as I open up Firefox and sign into YouTube. This was the perfect opportunity to...

"Uh uh uh" a voice says, the laptop snapping shut and taken from my grasp. I look up in surprise as I see Louis in front of me. And I thought I'd been quiet. "You're brother told me I'd have to keep an eye on you" he tells me, handing the laptop to a confused Niall. "I didn't realize how sneaky you'd be though." I let out a huff, crossing my arms as I slump down into the couch.

"What else am I supposed to do? Watch you work?" I question. He shrugs slightly, glancing back at Niall and Harry.

"You could work with us," he suggests. I pause a second, considering my options before giving a small nod of my head. I follow him back over to the group, sitting between him and Niall. "Lauren's joining us," he tells the boys when they look at me.

"Ok so I was thinking..." Niall says, launching back into the song. It was interesting to watch them bounce lyrics back and forth, occasionally writing a sentence down. An hour or so later, Niall sets down his guitar as he has a burst of inspiration and begins scribbling on the paper. I pick up the guitar after a cautious glance at Niall to see if he'd object. Some people were touchy about others using their guitar. He didn't seem to care though as he continues scribbling. My fingers roam the well-worn frets, as I quietly pluck the strings. It was something to do while they wrote and I was grateful for that. The boys trade off groups, trying different combinations of people as they work on multiple songs at once. Eventually Niall throws down his pencil in frustration.

"I've spent the last half hour trying to find a word that rhymes with hamburger. I'm starving," he complains, his hand going to his stomach. I grin; glad someone finally had brought up food. I'd spent the last 15 minutes trying to muffle the increasingly loud growling in my own abdomen.

"So are we going out for food or ordering in?" Liam questions.

"Ordering in" I say instantly.

"Going out" Louis says at the same time. My head snaps over to Louis, glaring at him, but he holds my gaze. "Lets vote" he says, tearing his gaze from mine to look at the other boys. "All for going to get food?" I watch as Louis, Harry and Zayn's hands rise instantly. So it was going to be a tie, I think. But then Niall's hand hesitantly rises.

"Sorry" he says sheepishly, when I look at him in shock. "It's quicker."

"C'mon then, lets go" Louis says. I reluctantly follow the boys out after getting nudged forward. I was too hungry to refuse to come with and I knew they wouldn't bring anything back for me if I said I'd stay here. Instead of heading out the back to where the cars are though, the boys head to the front.

"What? No" I say, freezing in place. I hadn't expected I'd have to go through the fans.

"We always go out the front. It gives us a chance to say hi to everyone," Harry says as he and Louis force me to continue walking.

"I changed my mind. I'm not hungry," I say, attempting to turn around and push through their grip. Louis stops me, grabbing my arms and forcing me to look at him. He gives a nod to Harry telling him he can go ahead and he'd handle it on his own.