The Ball Has Begun

-Back to the current-

Thinking back on all of the good times has me feeling weirdly kind of sad, sure we broke up after the whole burning thing but to be fair he is a demon and demons have well, their own demons and since Tom is a higher ranked demon and the Prince of all things he most have tons of them. I think going could be a potentially good idea, after all our last ball together was pretty fun when it was just us, and this time we don't have to dance with random royalty that just want our titles, plus we could catch up.

Marco though, well he is still acting super suspicious of Tom and in one of his karate ninja poses. It's sweet that he's worried about me, and seemingly a bit over protective of me but I can handle myself. Plus it's only Tom, and while I know he has the ability to hurt others, I know he would never hurt me, and he's even been working on his anger issues. Sides it's not like Marco could be jealous of Tom bringing me to the ball, he likes Jackie and there is no way that he would ever see me past being a friend.

Tom starts getting back into his carriage and now I feel bad because he probably thinks I don't want to go at all, with how silent I've been and the fact that I did kinda drag him out of the school telling him no.

"Look Star, no pressure. If you decide you want to go, just toll this bell, and and here nearly forgot the little hammer. I hope to see you there."

With that his carriage starts emit fire on all sides and starts to descend back down. Well I guess I have some thinking to do, as well as potential outfit planning. Heading back inside Marco reminds me what Tom has done in the past and talking about how people don't change but I think he's wrong about that, Tom has been trying to change and so I'm going to at least give him a chance, I owe him that at least for how things ended.

"You're making a big mistake Star"

"Marco, it's going to be alright. Sides it's not like Tom would ever hurt me and you just have to trust me to be able to do the right thing for myself. Remember I am still technically a princess so I have to be able to have good decision making skills, and I think tonight is going to be just fine. Now how do I look?

"You, you look Amazing Star but seriously please don't go. We can have fun here, where it's always fun! Plus I made nachos, huh how about that? Have fun watching a movie and eating nachos?"

Okay, did he just say I looked amazing. Wow that's okay, but it's still kinda bothering me that he's trying to make me stay. Why can't he just trust me?

"Sorry Marco but this, this is a different kind of fun and it's been awhile since I even went to a ball so I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. Tell you what if anything starts to seem suspicious, I'll send you a text, and I'll leave to bell here so you can come get me"

With that I toll the bell, and a cushion seated elevator appears with a flying red demon carrying it, he then proceeds to ask me which floor and I let him know after telling him thank you. Once the elevator ride ends, I once again tell the guy thank you for the ride, but he just flies away without giving me any notice. Weird, but okay.

I see Tom starting to approach me and I just breath him in, I can't believe that we are basically matching each other! With me being in a fluffy pink dress, and him being in a white suit with a pink undershirt and bow it's kind of adorable.

Okay so if we are being honest the area is a little spooky to me but I have to remember that this is hell, and that things are different. Hopefully I don't end up causing offence to any of the demons. Especially the current demon who is my date to this ball who wants to put a creepy demon spider thing in my hair to help me fit in. While the sentiment is cute I would rather not wear a demon spider you know?

"Thanks Tom, but uh I think I'll be okay, besides I think I'll fit in just fine because like you said, your not the only one with horns remember"

He looks a bit upset and Dave starts to come out with the bunny, and he gives the bunny some pets but it seems he just then it seems realizes what all I said and starts to smile when he sees the horns.

"You, you really must like them don't you? I was surprised back on Earth when I saw you wearing them if I am to be honest, it makes me happy"

Why wouldn't I still have them? They were the first gift someone besides my parents had ever gotten me...plus they're special to me. I guess he probably thought that I would get rid of them since we broke up.

I did think about it a few times, I won't lie not getting rid of them completely but just putting them in my secrets closet. But, I just couldn't, nor will I ever that day, that memory, why I have them, is all to important to me to ever let go, I guess it's just part of my core memories, and this one shines bright yellow.

"Of course I kept them Tom, I for one really like them, and for two they are very important to me"

I see his eyes go a bit wide, did I say something strange? But then it just turns into a smile and he holds out his arm.

"Well then Miss Star Butterfly while that makes me happier than you could ever know, I do believe it is time to head in and have fun at the ball"

Dave then leaves with the bunny whom I am going to name...Cotton like cotton candy! All fluffy and soft plus cotton candy always makes me happy and she seems to make Tom happy too.

"Hey Tom, thank you for inviting me out tonight, I've honestly missed you and have been wanting to know how you have been but I've been to caught up in either my own head or trying to not get my wand stolen by the constant attacks that happen, also the bunny's name is now Cotton."

His face go through a vary of emotions first he seems really happy but then he seems mad, but then it goes back to being happy and he laughs a little and his smile grows warm.

"I have also missed you Star, you have no idea how much I've been wanting to talk to you, and let you know how sorry I am, and that I miss you. It's why I started anger management, to hopefully show you that I don't want something like that to ever happen again. We'll discuss the you getting attacked frequently later, I just want to enjoy tonight and then discuss about sending them so like pebbles skipping across a pond but this time it will be into the underworlds ocean Also I think cotton candy is a lovely name for her, just as sweet as you are."

I squeeze his arm a bit to hopefully give him some comfort, "Alright Tommy, now let's go and have some fun!"

"Hey, I told you never to call me that again!"

Word Count 1307