Meeting Prince Lucitor

A/N Hey Guys! So I decided to split this chapter in half because the word count was just about 3500, and I wasn't sure how long to make these. Any suggestions/comments are welcomes!

Stars Pov:

My heart is racing, I'm so nervous and stressed out. Mom wants me to act like a proper princess, especially as the first daughter and butterfly heir to the thrown for Mewni. But I can't stop thinking about what if I mess this all up! I'm only 12 for magic's sake. I know she was very young when she became queen but I don't care for all of the schoolings about ruling, politics, etiquette, and more. I mean I guess dance is fun and so is the battle classes dad has me take, I just want to have fun and be a normal girl!

Not worried about if I accidentally bow wrong, or if my choice of wording is not formal enough. I'm still worried about if I trip in these hills from just walking! Plus I am expected to dance with each prince as a sign of healthy alliances or whatever, how does one dance with Sir Rich Pigeon? He's a PIGEON! -sigh- Maybe this might be good, I could make a new friend, I mainly am only friends with Pony Head, and while she is a great friend, she has a loud and big personality.

Giving one last quick look in the mirror, I try to see the girl I am supposed to be. Polite, confident, courteous, well educated on all things a butterfly princess should be, and most importantly graceful. Hopefully I can rise up to meet my mothers expectations for tonight.

My dress was inspired by Queen Diana's dress, expect it's bicolored with mint and sea green colors with little silver stars embroidered into parts of the dress, and instead of a brown dress belt mine is glittery silver. The dress just about reaches the floor so the silver heels I'm being tortured with are hidden, though they each on the sides also have a star.

Don't know why I couldn't just wear some sneakers if the shoes won't be able to be seen. Leaving the room after taking in a deep breath I go and meet up with my parents, both in their most finest of clothing due to how us Butterflies are seen as even more of royalty amongst the other royals due to our magic and history.

"Honestly dear, I don't know how you managed to forget one of the most important pieces to you ensemble tonight, it's a good thing I learned to keep identical replicas for cases like this."

What is she talking about, what am I missing? She goes and grabs one of the spare crowns, awe snap really! How could I have forgotten my crown. Narwhals, I really do not think I am fit for this being a princess thing, I much rather go back to my room and have fun or fight monsters than entertain a bunch of other royals. I let her know I'm sorry and that I am very much thankful to her for having made sure we had extras, even if it was due to me losing them in the forest with my dad. She places the crown gently on my head and tucks one of my curls behind my ears.

"You are most welcome, I love you Star, please though remember to act on your best behavior now since we have guests to see. It is time to act like a true Butterfly Princess"

Then we head out to the ballroom and the sound of trumpets is heard all around the air announcing our arrival, causing all eyes to land on us and more importantly me, as it is my first official royal appearance. Please stars do not let me mess this up, besides these events to show signs of peace between kingdoms, it is also to start making connections through the children for potential treaties and marriages in the future.

Which means there is a high chance that one of these princes I meet will turn out to be the King of Mewni. I was warned about this from my teacher, apparently it means I can't trust those around me to well because they could just be trying to butter up to me due to my title and what being close to me could do for them. Most likely their parents have made sure to talk with them about trying to get in my good graces. Heavens this is already starting to feel like to much for me, and I only just got here!

"Star! Hey girl, how you doin? Have you seen the selection for tonight? I mean there's not much but we might get lucky and find ourselves a hottie to dance with tonight!"

I just smile and let her know I'm doing good, I can't let it be known that I am not able to attend a simple ball and conversate. Though while I am over here being anxious Ponyhead is seeming to be living it up, maybe I could have some fun tonight yeah! Especially with the vibe she gives, if there are two things that she likes the most it would definitely be partying and boys.

Going further into the ballroom, we head over to the punch bowl and take a few snacks and get ourselves a drink. Most of the royal families seem to be here, even dad's old kingdom is here, my Uncle Rock was the one to continue the Johansens royal lineage, and he has been wed as well, though I don't see sign of my cousins anywhere yet and it is quite hard to miss Seedy, Morie, and Igneous. Especially Igneous, he's very much into himself, and is loud. I wonder if PH and him would be good friends.

By now PH has wandered off and seems to be talking to one of the princes, typical Ponyhead. The trumpets go off again making an announcement of the Lucitor families arrival. I've never really seen or heard much about them, other than the fact that they rule over hell and that the Queen and King are very different.

The doors that the Lucitor family comes through are not the same ones that I did, instead it was the even larger set of doors we have. Woah, I can see why there is a difference between the king and queen, Queen Wrathmelior is the size of a literal demon while the king seems to be just an ordinary Mewman.

Their son though on the other hand, wow. He has light purple skin, rose purple hair, and three eyes! He also seems to be a few inches taller than me, though that's not hard to do. We make eye contact and after his parents take their seats he starts to head my way. Oh no! Okay okay, stay calm remember your classes.

"Greetings beautiful, you must be Princess Star Butterfly, my name is Tom Lucitor, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

He bows with one hand folded against his back and takes my hand to give it a kiss.

"Greetings Prince Tom, it is wonderful to make your acquaintance as well. Though I must be truthful to you, and let you be aware that I am not big on the royal formalities so you may just call me Star if that is alright with you."

He smiles, oh that smile of his is contagious.

"Well then, Star, might I request the same and you call me Tom and might us come to get to know each other better?"

"Why yes we may, I think a good way to get to know each other is to play a question game, you just ask a question to the opposite person and then answer your own question, then they do the same but reflected of course."

The game starts, we learn each others favorite colors, what we like to do in our free time, and even told each other secrets. He secretly is in love with an earth band called Love Handle, and after giving it a listen I can understand why, and I told him about my secrets closet that has various trinkets and treasures I've found throughout my time sneaking out of the castle and camping out in the forbidden forest. Plus it turns out that we both like video games and anime, just on the video game side we have different tastes though we both play Minecraft.

"Okay, okay we have got to play together sometime Star, you can be the main builder while I go out and get us all of the diamonds and cave loot!"

"That sounds amazing Tom, I can't wait! Though I can go caving too, skeletons, and creepers, and...spiders aren't that scary!"

He just laughs and we continue to talk until the ringing of bells lets us know that it is time to go back to formalities and do our royal duties of what is expected of us, and head back to where all of the other princes and princesses are to begin the highlight of the Silver Bell Balls tradition. The Royal Dances. 

Word Count: 1542

Also did anyone get the hidden joke in the story about Stars Cousins?