Ditching the Ball

-Back to the current-

The room gets rearranged a bit and we are split into different sides of the room, each of us with a chair sitting around in almost a circle. The way this works is that one by one a prince will stand up and walk up to a princess and offer his hand for a dance, well unless your Sir Rich Pigeon or Ponyhead, I mean they don't have arms you know?

I see Tom go to get up and pick his first dance partner, I wonder who it'll be? I mean he's handsome and kind, plus he's good with royal manners, so many of the girls here would love to dance with him, maybe Princess Spiderbite, she's really sweet and nice, she's not known for being unprincessly like, a much better princess than me honestly. Though Ponyhead might even get a bit pouty that she lost to a SpiderBite, and while I would have to console her of course, as her best friend, internally I would be dying of laughter. But wait...he's not walking up to Princess Spiderbite...His path is directly on the straight path to, me!

"Princess Star butterfly, may I have this dance?"

"Yes you may Prince Tom"

I can't believe this is happening right now, it is the first dance and it is me and Tom! The music starts up as we head to the middle of the circle, one of his hands are on the small of my back while the other one keeps hold of one of my hands. I start to panic a bit thinking of those failed dance lessons I had in the past, I know I am a much better dancer now but what if I make a full of myself due to my nerves and step on his feet or almost trip?

"Relax Star, just focus on me okay? Sides how about after all of this we have some fun together? I know of the perfect spot that I would love to bring you, and we can exchange contact information to set up a server together to play on"

I can't believe how sweet and thoughtful he is, he's trying to help calm me down all while still letting it show that I can be the proper princess who can dance and perform accordingly with a prince and operate at royal functions. Not to mention that he wants to bring me somewhere after the ball and exchange socials! Wait, would that be a date, is he bringing me on a date? Okay probably not a date, we're only 12 so just like a friends hangout, yeah, just a hangout.

Looking up at him I try to just focus on him like he said, his eyes look like rubies that show soft with an unspoken joy, his hands feel so soft, I wonder if he uses lotions and moisturizers, and his horns! Stars am I really am curious about his horns, they look so cool, I wonder if he'll let me touch them or if that's taboo.

"Well, I focusing on you now Tom, and I am very excited to see where you bring me, I even can bet that I have already been there since I have nearly been everywhere in Mewni. I'm also looking fun to playing Minecraft together"

He just smiles and chuckles a bit, then gives me a spin. I can't believe that I nearly forgot that we are dancing it just seems right being here with him and talking to him.

Our dance starts to change a bit as the music gets faster, I'm now closer to him whilst he starts lifting us in the air, I never thought I would be dancing on air, especially not with the prince of the underworld. The songs starts to come to a close and he brings of gentle down, and bows while I curtsey.

"Thank you for the dance Prince Lucitor, it was an experience unlike none other".

"No Princess Butterfly, the pleasure was all mine. Till we converse again, may the ball be magnificent."

The ball continues and I get asked to dance one by one by each prince from the other kingdoms as they try to compliment me and talk to me about our kingdoms, with minor facts about themselves, most likely only trying to get in my good graces but none coming across to roughly with their approach.