Invitation to the Ball

A/N So hey everyone, if you are new here HI!!! Welcome to my story, it used to be known as Headbands and Heartstrings but after a while, I've decided to start redoing my previous story to give it more creativity, more imagination, and less seeming copy-pasted completely from the episodes. For those that have already read my story previously, thank you so much for giving it another read!

Today was just another typical day at Echo Creek High School for Star, waving her wand around and making small crazy spells appear, Marco trying to get in his daily sweet nod with Jackie while leaning on the lockers, and classes boring the kids half to death. That was of course until the ground started rumbling as if there was an incoming earthquake.

Outside where no students can see, fire Erupted out of the ground, bringing up a skeletal horse and a dark colored carriage. Who was the carriage for? Prince Thomas Lucitor, heir to the thrown of the underworld, here on a quest to see the princess of Mewni and invite her to one of the underworlds most important events, and so the trek into this foreign dimentions place of education begins.

Star's Pov:

The door to the classroom opens with a slam and in comes someone I never thought I would ever see again, Tom Lucitor. I won't say that I dislike seeing him, in fact, I am glad to see him doing well but why on god is he here on Earth! Especially with the grand entrance that he's doing with his fire and levitation right now, everyones staring!

I swear he even had to go and dress all nice, wearing that stupid nice suit of his that only helps to bring out his features even more, I mean not that I'm looking at how good his slacks fit or the tightness around his dress jacket. What I do know though is that he has to leave!

We stopped talking for a very good reason, we broke up because he ended up setting an entire ball room on fire and nearly bringing someone to a crisp because not only were there people hitting on me but making direct jabs at him. I needed a break from his anger issues and I'm still upset that he lit everything on fire, it's not like I was going to pursue anyone else when I had Tom, but apparently he didn't trust me enough.

"Hello Star, I'm here to invite you to the blood moon ball". Please tell me I did not hear him right, first off why would I want to go to a ball? Did he really think I would just say 'Yes Tom, I would love to go to the blood moon ball with you, even though the last ball I went with you turned out to be hell in a hand basket and raining fire because you lost control of your temper'?

No thank you. Time to get him the unicorns out of here, though it did not seem like he wanted to leave because no matter how much I tried to push him out or tell him to leave he not once made an effort himself to get away the school and me.

"Oh come on Star, you know it's been awhile since you last went to a ball or that we've hanged out. Plus this one is special, the blood moon only happens ever 667 years" Yes, I know this, there is a reason for that called trying to avoid you and the rest of the royals, though I don't remember learning about the blood moon, that actually seems pretty cool. Nope focus Star, get him to leave.

"Nope, nope, nope, nope, You need to leave. Take your carriage and your fire and dead horse, and go back to the underworld."

I need him to leave before I start thinking about the past to much, I'm just glad to see him doing well. Making sure to keep a sound of annoyance in my voice I try to convince him to leave and that I do not want to go with him

What if though...he hasn't been doing well? Or if he's been lonely, I know he wasn't really close to any of the other royals. Wait no, I need to walk away now before things get out of hand and the questions that used to plague my mind come back.

But right then as I am walking away his warm fire brings me back to him straight into his arms. He's holding me and, it's kinda nice. No stay firm, don't listen to how nice it is to hear his heart beat or how soft and kind his voice is right now, it doesn't matter how beautiful the moon will be and how much of a rare occurrence it is. I need to leave.

Flipping out of his nice hold was not necessarily something I completely wanted to do, part of me wanted to stay still but I just know that this can't happen again not with all of his anger issues. I understand he's a demon and all but what happened and the after math of it all, I cant do that again.

"We broke up! Period." Now leave Star before you can dwell on the past, that is where it needs to stay.

"Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait. Star, Hang on. I'm a changed man, okay? I've got a life coach, Brian. He's Awesome, a happy bunny. And, And, I have been anger-free for 53 days"

He's, He's trying to, to change but why? A life coach does sound like a good step forward though for him, and the bunny is so cute! Plus he's been anger-free for 53 days, that's nearly two months! Maybe, the ball wouldn't actually be that bad if I went with him, maybe things for him is getting better since he's learning how to control his emotions. Hey! We could even maybe be friends.

"Don't you want to pet my bunny?" Of course, I do, who wouldn't? "Well, he is adorable, maybe for just a little bit"

Just as I am going to pet this creature of cuteness Marco comes in and chops off Toms hand, literally and makes the bunny fall! Toms eyes start to glow red which is pretty scary and I try to convince Marco to leave, I wouldn't want a repeat of someone nearly getting fried in front of me, especially not Marco.

Out of no where though Toms life coach starts walking Tom around in a circle and talking to him, and well, Tom Calms surprisingly calms down and takes in a deep breath and then let's it out and apologizes.

Marco is still waiting for an explanation on who Tom is, why he's here and giving me a lecture about stranger danger and not to approach people just because they have something cute. Which I know! I'm not a complete child.

After explaining who Tom is, Marco gets a bit more relaxed but now he's protective about me and gives me a warning about not going off with people who have to potential to hurt me.

"Star, look I can see that you're mad. You think I'm a total jerk, I get it, but I have changed. Remember, I'm not the only one with horns."

As he says that he points up to the headband he gave me during our first Silver Bell Ball, a night that I could never forget and the first time we officially met. 

Word Count: 1300

A/N: Okay so this has not been grammatically or spelling wise checked yet, I'll do that after catching back up with the other chapters but I hope you enjoyed! I'll be uploading what I have so far and then it might be a week and a half for more content