"Oh yeah, let's do summer instead and then we can have Christmas here and invite Austin." Nova suggests and my mind goes back to the Christmases we spent together as a family. Rose's parents would typically work that day and celebrate it another day so she would usually come here. Austin was here constantly back then and Christmas was no different. We would all have a good time together then.

"Would we not invite Rose then?" Ty asks and silence is the response.

"...we can come back to that later." I finally say. "For now, let's wrap up the discussion about the family trip." We do so, talking about dates that would work for all of us. It's then that Grace announces she's drafted up her two weeks notice, which surprises the twins, but they support her, especially with having set aside such a want for years due to being a single mother. 

"Were you two making some sort of surprise dish?" Grace asks after we wrap up the meeting. Nova sighs and Ty just chuckles.

"What did I tell you?" He asks.

"Mama, you just ruined the surprise." Nova groans.

"Oh, it was a surprise?" Grace asks, not even waiting for a response as she heads to the kitchen. Nova stands abruptly, following after her and Ty just sits back, unbothered as they continue talking.

"Did ma talk to you about moving into the house?" He asks, surprising me.

"Yeah. You two are fine with it?"

"Yes. I'm actually looking forward to it." He shrugs lightly. "It sounds cool. The place is pretty awesome too; you did a really good job with it, dad." Dad. I really do love the sound of that.

"I'm glad you all like it and I'm glad you're looking forward to it. I wouldn't like the idea of only Grace and I liking it." 

"Oh yeah, we like it, sis especially. She likes that one room where you can see the outside real well. She calls it the green room." We smile at that. The name is quite fitting though.  

"Ty!" She calls as if knowing we're talking about her. 

"Duty calls." He says before standing up. He stops before leaving, giving me a smile. "You make ma glow and we appreciate that more than we can ever say. Thank you, dad." My heart warms at his words.

"Are you trying to ditch me?" Nova calls and he shakes his head before walking away. 

"You know, that's a good idea, maybe I-"

"Oh no you don't." I laugh to myself at their silliness and stay seated, reflecting for a moment on these three blessings in my life. I get up a little while after, heading to the kitchen. The hustle and bustle there makes its way to my ears before I've even arrived.

I step into view and watch, finding myself drawn in as Grace directs the twins, moving around seamlessly. She's absolutely lovely. Nova says something to her and Grace pinches her cheek, drawing a smile from her daughter as she smiles as well. She turns to Ty, placing a hand on his shoulder and explaining something to him. He nods, flashing a smile as he rolls up his sleeves. 

I watch the way they interact with one another with gladness in my heart. I love them and I'd do just about anything to protect them and meet their needs in whatever way I can as a husband and father. 

As if knowing my eyes are on them, Grace turns my way and gives a warm smile. She leaves their side for a moment to move towards me and takes my hands, bringing me over to the kitchen where they are. Grace's face is lit up with happiness and I love how she glows. I want her to always glow like this.

"Join us." Nova says happily, throwing her hands up.

"Are you cooking with us too, dad?" Ty asks, an easy smile on his face. I smile, looking at them.