Chapter One

Queues of people lined up outside an old preserved movie theatre. It's in a small town that creates a picturesque scenery. The marquee in front reads:

SNEAK PREVIEW TONIGHT 'STAB': BASED ON A TRUE STORY, RATED R.

A line has formed around the block, guys and girls - mostly college age. A young girl, Maureen Evans, no younger than eighteen, stands in the queue. She has a friendly face with innocent eyes. She stands in line with her boyfriend, Phil, a handsome counterpart.

"I hate scary movies," Maureen says, checking the time on her watch.

"It'll be okay, baby. I'll hold your hand," Phil said. 

"If we hurry, we can still catch the Sandra Bullock movies!"

"We got free tickets." Phil pulls her close, snuggling with her.

Maureen and Phil reach the box office, presenting their tickets. They pass through the front doors when an usher stands randomly handing out ghost masks. A Hollywood variation of a most familiar one. Phil takes one. "What's that?" Maureen asks. "The studio sent them," the usher replies.

The small theatre is nearly packed to capacity. Maureen and Phil enter, moving down the aisle while searching for two seats. A young girl screams, whizzing by them as a ghost masked guy chases after her. The crowd laughs simultaneously. Everyone is having fun with joyful smiles on their faces. Maureen and Phil find aisle seats down towards the screen as the lights dim. People fake scream in terror. It's a very lively crowd.

. On the movie screen, the credits roll as the movie begins. The studio logo appears followed by "A ROBERT RODRIGUEZ FILM."

Maureen turns to find a ghost mask in her face. Phil has slipped it on playfully. Maureen shakes her head. "I don't think so," she says disapprovingly. Phil gets in her face, playing with her. She swats him. "Take it off."

"But-"

"Now." 

Phil finally obliges. 

On the screen, more credits roll by. "BASED ON THE BOOK "THE WOODSBORO MURDERS" BY GALE WEATHERS."

Maureen looks behind her, towards the rest of the audience. A sea of white Ghostface's fill the theatre. The publicity masks glow in the dark, illuminating. It's a chilling sight that leaves Maureen spooked. 

On the screen, the movie begins. A house in the middle of nowhere. Lights burn from within. This house belonged to Casey Becker, Y/N's old friend. Inside the house, a young girl, Alicia Silverstonish, the girl who portrays Casey Becker, is taking a shower. The water cascades over her nubile body. Suddenly, a figure is glimpsed through the window. 

"Now why does she have to be naked? How does that serve the plot?" Maureen asks, exasperated.

"Shhh!" Phil said.

On the screen, the phone rings. The young girl pulls the shower curtains aside to reveal a robe hung on a hook. She grabs it, running from the bathroom, into the living room and grabbing the phone. 

"Hello?"

A menacing voice responds.

"Hello?"

"Who is this?"

"You tell me."

On the row of seats, Maureen is not having a good time. She's already spooked. "I hate this shit."

On the screen, the phone rings again abruptly. "Why did you hang up on me?"

"Who is this?"

In the theatre, Maureen shifts nervously in her seat. "Why don't she just hang up and call the police? Stupid.."