Chapter Thirty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Wonder who that could be," I say. A more natural smile appears on my face as I see that it's from Grace.

"Ope, looks like I've got to go; it's my lady."

"Oh, I won't hold you Mr. Fray."

I could almost laugh at that."Right, take care now. I hope everything goes well this morning."

"Thank you," he says, grinning before hurrying inside. I shake my head and turn back to my phone. Two simple words are Grace's response, Yes dr? Yes dear?

"Oh Gracie." Her and her abbreviations. I call her, winding my window back up and putting my car into drive. I don't want to waste a minute more.

I arrive at Gracie's house in no time at all and before I've even put the car in park, she's already opened the front door. I find myself smiling at the mere sight of her, and she hugs herself as she walks out into the cold with a wide smile.

"Oh Gracie." I step out of the car and lock it, making my way to my woman. She stretches out her arms and I chuckle, taking her into mine.

"What are you doing out in the cold, love?"

"I heard you pull in and I wanted to see you," is her simple reply. I kiss her head in adoration.

"Alright, let's get you inside though; I don't want you freezing out here." She hums in agreement, and I bring her in, locking the door behind me. I give her a quick peck on the lips, and her smile grows. She gives me a kiss in return, and I smile after she pulls away.

"How are you, love?"

"Good, and you?"

"Even better now." Just seeing her makes me happier. Grace giggles and I marvel at the light sound. I can count on one hand how many times I've heard it. I think she was really careful of that in the past, as it doesn't go with the hard exterior she had. But now here she is, carefree and giggling. I stare at her and she notices, getting this look on her face. In the past there may have been hesitancy there, but it's just a funny look now.

"What is it?"

"I love how you're so free with me," I say, and Grace blinks before giving a gentle smile.

"I love how I can feel free with you."

And there goes my chest feeling all warm. I give her another kiss and then kiss her temple as well. I love this woman. "You said that you were all waiting for me."

"Yes." Grace steps out of my arms and takes my hand, bringing me to the living room.

"They're still here?" I ask, surprised to see Ty and Nova, still asleep. A wide smile comes over my face and I realize just how much I missed them. I'm tempted to wake them up.

I see that Nova doesn't have her head on the table anymore, thankfully. Grace must have woken her up, because now she's on one of the couches. Although . . .

"This girl." Grace tsks, seeing how her neck is an uncomfortable position. "She's always sleeping haphazardly."

"That's Nova for you," I say, chuckling.

"I had to wake her up so her neck wouldn't hurt. Whoever she marries will need to watch over her." She tsks again but looks at her child adoringly. I wrap an arm around Gracie and look down at her.

"Whoever she marries? Don't you know who she'll marry yet, Grace?" She looks up at me in confusion.

"Who Nova will marry?"

"Yep."

"And who is that?"

"Ashton," I say, referring to Ty and Nova's longtime friend and classmate and causing her to blink a few times.