Part 36

Jasmine Flamesworth POV

Why are there so many mana beasts here? Didn't Arthur just clear this dungeon? Maybe it's the Alacryan's doing.

Mindlessly I cut through tens of mana beasts. However I was brought back to my senses by a battle cry. One that was filled with desperation. I turned my head to see Adam just barely holding back the flock of mana beasts.

I sent a blast of wind at the beasts I was fighting. Immediately blowing them to pieces. Being in the peak of mid silver had brought my control over mana to an all time high. However, I wasn't going to make it. I watched a beast close in on Adam from behind. I tried to shout out to him but then I felt something.

People and beasts alike froze as an S class corrupt beast entered the cavern we were in. My face paled. We were already outnumbered and now...

Wind mana coalesced to form a huge concentrated ball. I watched almost in slow motion the mana begin to rip through the air. No one would be able to survive that. Not me or the princess. I squeezed my eyes shut but nothing ever came.

After a moment I opened my eyes to see the boy who had saved me on too many occasions. Arthur. I felt tears well up in my eyes. I couldn't be happier to see him at this moment.

His pressure was heavy but reassuring. I can't say the beasts felt the same though.

*boom*

Hundreds of beasts exploded, that included the one that almost pinned down Adam.

At least a thousand more mana beasts broke through the barriers set up, leaving everyone surrounded.

However as quickly as they broke in, they were killed. Thousands of black spikes jutted out of the ground tearing through the beasts flesh.

What happened next was beyond comprehension. I couldn't tell who did it with my eyes but my mind knew it was Arthur.

Black flames engulfed the room. No. Black flames are consumed the dungeon. But it had different effects. The black flames soothed the soldiers healing their wounds, the beasts on the other hand were consumed turning their very being to dust. Though the cores were left perfectly intact. The sheer control over mana Arthur has now is scary. I knew he'd be stronger than me. He already was. But he always strays further and further away. I guess Princess Tessia feels like this as well.

I couldn't help but laugh at myself. Even the Asura, the deities, said he was special. Of course he's this strong.

The flames began to die down and slowly come towards Arthur's body. The soldiers that died weren't revived but of course that's the case. Everyone else even if they were on the brink of death were fine. In fact most likely better than when they entered.

Everyone watched in complete silence Arthur coming face to face with Tessia.

"Hey Tess, I wasn't expecting to see you again so soon." His golden eyes practically radiated life for her.

She wasn't in danger. She was strong enough to get through something like this. But the relief on her face was the same expression everyone wore.

"It's good to see you too." Tears falling from her face. She took him into a deep embrace. I can't lie, I might be a tinge jealous... but I'm happy for him.

"Whew... I almost died" I heard that annoying voice behind me. But I was glad to hear it.

I turned back and just nodded at him. I wasn't good at expressing my emotions. But I was happy to see the idiot alive.

_____________________
Arthur Leywin POV

"Do you really have to go?" Tess asked me.

I nodded with a guilty expression. I had a habit of coming and going at a moments notice.