Part 16

Lucas Wykes POV:

What.. what is this beast. Am I scared? Me? I'm a wykes. No I'm not scared. I'm just cautious. Why should I risk my life for peasants like this. That peasant note. The S class adventurer. He was nothing to me. He acts like he's been protecting everyone in this party. But no I know he's just holding me back. He must be trying to stop me from being my brothers level. I am a great wykes. Future strongest of this continent.

I had to escape. I the great Lucas wykes needed to escape so I could continue my path to become the strongest. My limitless potential was just waiting for me to surpass all of these peasants.

"You think I'd risk my life to help all of you escape? Be honored that you'll be the valiant heroes that stalled the beast enough for me to escape! I'll tell everyone all about your courageous deeds!" I said.

I started to laugh. These peasants needed to know their place.

Charging up my strongest fire spell at the tip of my staff I stood in front of the masked peasant and shot it directly at him.

That Flamesworth adventurer may be from a noble family but she's nothing to me a wykes the most noble of them all.

I conjured up another blast of fire and fired it at her in quick succession.

After that I conjured a smoke screen to escape. I could hear that dark haired conjurer shouting at me. What a fool. To think I would even waste my breath on him.

But then I fell straight to my knees.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Arthur Leywin POV:

I could see Lucas to the side of me trembling. But not just that. There was a look of pure disgust on his face and although he was looking at the beast I felt like it was directed at me. He had done next to nothing this entire raid. I hope he isn't planning on acting up at a time like this.

Lucas strode I front of me. It seemed like he might prove to be a little less than a liability to the rest of the team.

"You think I'd risk my life to help all of you escape? Be honored that you'll be the valiant heroes that stalled the beast enough for me to escape! I'll tell everyone all about your courageous deeds!" he scoffed, turning back just to shoot mused and jasmine with fire balls that used significant amounts of mana before conjuring a smokescreen to flee.

I was baffled to say the least being attacked at point blank and then to attack Jasmine as well. He truly was a fool beyond fools.

Before the flame even came into contact with me I formed a vacuum around myself cancelling out the flame completely.

I could see him making a run for it. I let my bloodlust flood out of me. Enough to bring everyone to their knees. Including jasmine.

This betrayal was nothing short of infuriating. He was a bug someone who could be erased at any time yet he decided to act like this.

I walked over towards Lucas the ground cracking with each step I took. He struggled to move his head to face me. My punches even without mana carried the force to shatter someone's ribs and rupture a long. For a conjurer in the dark yellow stage it was possible with a minuscule amount of mana I could break him. I wrapped my hand around his neck. Even the elder wood guardian was frozen at this point.

"Lucas Wykes. You are nothing but a bug that I deem unnecessary to kill. But your betrayal will face consequences."

I kneed him in the ribs and even with his mana reinforcing his body I could see him cough up some blood.