Part 24

Arthur Leywin POV

I walked back to my room after the altercation with Clive. I sighed thinking it will be a pain if stuff like this continues to happen. I opened the door quietly since it was quite late and I didn't want to wake Elijah up.

However it seemed I was concerned for no reason since he was sitting on his bed.

"Err... I see you're still awake." I waved awkwardly.

"Hell yes, I'm awake." He crossed his arms and used his chin to point at my bed, signalling me to sit.

"Haa...Go on." I sighed helplessly as I let my best friend release his barrage of questions.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was almost four in the morning when he was finished, the two of us sprawled out on our beds, tired both physically and mentally while Sylvie had fallen asleep hours ago.

"I can't believe you k-kissed her." I saw him shake his head while he lay on his back.

"I umm... I guess you and the director really got to me. I guess I do like Tess."

Do you know all of the things the students called her?" He got up and looked at me.

"What did they call her?" I asked, a bit interested.

"There were two I heard the most." He leaned in closer. "One: The Untouchable Princess," he stated.

"Untouchable? Why? Is she that much stronger than everyone else?" I asked.

Ignoring me, he said the other. "Two: Lunar Goddess."

"Huh? Why Lunar Goddess?" I chortled at the juvenile nicknames.

"Because she's like the moon, Art. The moon looks so close that you can grab it, but no matter how much you try, you'll never touch it. But you! You t-touched the Moon! You kissed the moon!" he flailed his arm in defeat and plopped back into bed.

"Go to sleep," I retorted.

Elijah was too tired to even try to wash up, and I was still contemplating what had happened earlier. It was a habit I'd acquired from being a king. To overthink my past actions and always plan my future actions. To my side, I could hear Elijah fast asleep, mumbling something about the moon again.

Because I didn't need much sleep. I decided to wash up. After that I decided to take a stroll outside because I really didn't have much to do. I do hope my mana room is ready soon because although I wouldn't be able to train at full power I would be able to increase my control over mana and use it more efficiently. I strolled around until people began to come outside. That meant it was more or less time to meet the disciplinary committee members.

I made my way through the halls with my new black uniform on. I could tell I was receiving some stares but it wasn't that much of a problem. Sylvie had managed to escape the dorm room to meet me on the way. I was slightly concerned she managed to get out so easily but then again she was a dragon.

After a little while I arrived at the location I was meant to be at.

"Looks like we are here Sylv," I said to my bond.

I was greeted with an unexpected reception when I opened the door to the auditorium's back entrance.

A cacophonous howl blew my hair back as Sylvie clung to me to keep from sliding off. Bullets of saliva drenched my face and upper chest or it should have. I used my affinity to water to stop the saliva from coming anywhere near me.