ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞

Start from the beginning

I shrugged. "I was just about to tell her but she hasn't replied to my last text yet."

"Then call her?"

"She might be busy and I might disturb her."

"Then just send her a whole text of your plan?"

"She might get sidetracked."

"... How?"

"If she has concerns, she might think too deeply. I don't want to force her."

"..."

Silence descended upon us. I'm not sure what's happening but we might be having a staring contest?

All of a sudden her eyes widens in realization. "Oh... Oh. Oh! I get it. Okay, you're waiting for her."

"... Yes?" Isn't that obvious?

"Okay." She giggled. "You're waiting for her, I get it."

"You just repeated what you said earlier." I deadpanned.

"I know." She laughs and reach out the plastic bag for me to take. I took it and gave her my thanks. "Bye, boss." I waved goodbye before closing the door.

Unbeknownst to Xiaoting, Mashiro gave a knowing smile at the now closed door. Under her breath she muttered, "You never wait for anyone, Ting."

•°~°~°•

Later that night.

==============================

Choi Yujin

: XIAOTING~~~
: We had to start filming for a variety show so i had to leave my phone~~
: I never knew that you would easily fall for my charms like that~~~🤭💖

It's okay. What do you mean with your last message...?

: You said you wanted me~~~

Yes.

: So you really fell for my charms?~~~

No? I meant that literary. I want you.
Be a model for our magazine. I'm not directly affiliated with their company but I am currently investing in them.

: OH
: YAH
: YOU SHOULD FINISH WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO SAY
: YOU MIGHT MAKE PEOPLE MISUNDERSTAND!!!

How does something like that be misinterpreted? You're just a fool.

: I'M NOT!!!!

Then how did you interpret it?

: Nvm😤
: Anw, what's the name of the magazine?

O.O.O.

: OMG
: REALLY????
: Oh wow, are you sure this is the favor you wanted?? This is more like a reward🤑

Yes, really. And yes, I'm sure.

: I still can't believe it~~
: I'm actually going to model for O.O.O.~~

You're ranked high in the Brand Reputation Rankings. You're bringing me more money than you know.

: Still~~
: Let me buy you dinner sometime~~

Okay. Whenever you're not busy.

: 🥳💛💛
: Shouldn't we base our dinner date with your schedule cuz your the boss?

It's precisely because I'm the boss that I don't need to. Your comeback is right around the corner, you're most probably busier than me.

: Wow~~ Someone's updated hihihi🤭

I should be. You're one of our talents for now.

: How nice~~

You've been busy the whole day. You should rest early.

: Aigoo~
: Alrighttt
: Since our dear Xiaoting told me to sleep, then i will~~💤

👍

==============================

I placed the phone on my bedside table. Hearing another notification sound, I picked up my phone again to see that Yujin sent me a voice message.

I pressed play and placed my phone right next to my ear. I first heard a rustle of what seemed to blankets before hearing Yujin's familiar smooth warm voice.

"Goodnight, Xiaoting~ Dream of me~"

For some reason, my ears felt hot and I was feeling flustered. It felt like she was whispering the words directly to my ear. I replayed the voice message a few more times before realizing that it's only proper I return the gesture, right?

I cleared my throat and pressed record. It was only a simple 'good night'. Despite feeling awkward about it, I still sent it.

•°~°~°•

• Yujin •

I was rolling all over my bed and kept repeating the voice message Xiaoting sent me.

Even her voice is beautiful.

I can't believe she actually sent me this! It's just a good night, but still!

"I can't do this anymore." I sighed before screaming into my pillow. "How can someone be so cute!?"

With the way we first met and the way she's emitting this Elsa type of vibes makes me rethink how lucky I was to actually meet someone like her. Our whole text exchange today was so endearing and she doesn't even know how that affected me.

Oh God. That time when she said she wanted me, I swear I malfunction when I was in the waiting room of the studio.

It was true that I had to start filming which was why I couldn't get back to her as soon as possible, but I actually had a few more minutes to reply to her. But the message shocked me to the core that I didn't know how to react. I kept waiting for an 'I'm kidding.' to follow up that declaration but there was none.

I was staring too intensely at my phone that I didn't know so much time passed. I was then called to the set. I kept thinking about throughout the filming. It was unprofessional but I couldn't stop even if I wanted to.

When we finished filming, there was still no 'I'm kidding.' follow up or anything to say that she was kidding. She actually repeated it. I realized that I had to roll with it because that's who Choi Yujin is, not some fool who gets baffled at compliments. I sighed.

"Shen Xiaoting, you'll be the death of me."