Tell me it's alright to love again.

Finally finished this one-shot, though it was fun to write I will admit it was hard coming up with the idea (I'm still not fully happy with the ending.)

That of course isn't important, what is important is that the readers love it.

This one-shot was requested by the lovely chhinasahib. I hope you like

Need to knows:
(Y/n) = your name
(H/c) = hair color
(E/c) = eye color
__________________________________________________________________________________
Leaned against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest and his fluffy grey hair hid his cold stare. He was mesmerizing.

A sudden snap gained (y/n) attention. Looking up, Hilary stood with a smile across her face and a hat extended forward. "It's your turn to pick, so stop daydreaming."

(Y/n) could feel the tips of her ears start to burn as she noticed all eyes were on her. What was she supposed to do, she didn't recall joining in any party games. Trembling nervously she reached into the hat anyway. Her fingertips came into contact with many different Beyblades. A wavy of panic shot through her. Was she supposed to find her Beyblade, because she knew for a fact it wasn't in there...

Taking a small breather, she rummaged through the Beyblades. Though her Beyblade wasn't in there, no one except for her knew it. After a couple of seconds, she finally decided on one that had been stabbing the back of her hand. Her eyes widened as she pulled out the Beyblade Dranzer. Its bit chip seemed to stare back at her with a satisfied look.

Though (y/n) couldn't tell for sure as she was snatched up from her seat and shoved into a dark closet. When her eyes adjusted she still couldn't see anything. Cautiously she steps forward, avoiding the many boxes and clothing until she found a nice spot to sit.

"I guess there's a punishment for not picking correctly..." (Y/n) mumbled as she looked down at Dranzer sadly.

Light engulfed the room as the door opened. A taller figure was thrown into the room. The door slammed shut behind them, leaving the room to be taken over by the darkness once more.

(Y/n) had no idea who was thrown in with her, she could only assume they were in here for the same reason. She wondered who it could be. "I don't mean to scare you, but you can sit beside me if you want."

The closet fell silent. (Y/n) fidgeted nervously in her seat. Had she done something wrong? Did they not hear her or did they just not care?

Soft footsteps echoed through the closet, signaling that whoever was with her had taken up her offer. It took them a moment. (Y/n) could only guess they were struggling to get around as she did. She jumped slightly as one of the boxes creaked beside her, signaling that the stranger had found their way over.

(Y/n) fidgeted nervously with Dranzer. Though she had invited the stranger over to be nice, it seemed she had forgotten she wasn't the best at talking to someone she couldn't even see.

"Mind giving me back my Dranzer..?"

The familiar cold voice sent shivers down (y/n)'s spin. Her words caught in the back of her throat as she turned to look at the stranger. Though the closet was still dark, the small cracks from the door provided her with enough light to recognize the male in front of her.

She tried to speak, but when she did it was but a whisper. "K-Kai!"

The grey-haired male side-eyed her before turning his gaze back to his Beyblade. Ignoring the (h/c) now nervous state.

Ignoring his interest in his Beyblade she rambled out her thoughts. "Why are you in here? Wait did I make you lose by not putting Dranzer back in the hat, I did-"

Reaching forward with one hand he grabbed his Beyblade and used his other hand to pin her to the wall.

(Y/n) breath caught in the back of her through and the blood from her pounding heart rushed to her face. Was he mad? If so why was he so close?

Kai leaned forward, his lips just centimeters away from (y/n)'s own. He locked eyes with her (e/c) ones, searching for any discomfort. Instead of discomfort, he was met with a contemplating look.

Backing up Kai moved back to his seat from before. Crossing his arms he leaned back against the wall and closed his eyes.

Thoughts raced through (y/n) head. Why did he stop? Was that his plan, to just tease her? The more she thought about it the more her heart hurt. "Was that your plan...to just tease me?"

Opening his eyes Kai looked at her with a soft look. "You don't seem sure of yourself like you are scared to let your real feelings out..."

"I-I am sure, it's...it's just..." Small tears trickled down (y/n)'s cheeks as she pulled her knees to her chest. "It's just...I just don't want to be hurt again."

Closing his eyes Kai gently wrapped an arm around the (h/c), pulling her closer to him. "Then I'll wait until you can trust me..."

For the remainder of their time, the two sat together. Even after they were let out of the closet, Kai stayed with (y/n).