Grady Parenting

I can't wait for Dominion to come out so I'm posting a chapter for this now because I'm bored, enjoy :)

A few weeks after island fall
"Ahh. No, get off me Hoskins!" I thrashed in the bedsheets punching the air until someone grabs my wrists where I try to knee the person but they pin my arms above my head calling out to me. "Y/n, it's me. It's Owen!" Owen's voice sounds horse as he hovered above me in the bed. My heart rate slows down as he stares down at me deeply. He slowly rolled back over onto his back holding himself by laying on his left elbow, closely watching me. Forcing myself to sit up I bend my head down into the blankets, running my hands through my messy hair. This isn't the first time and probably won't be the last time he'll have to wake me up in the middle of the night.

"I need some air..." Tossing the covers aside I pull on my jacket pulling some boots on exiting the van. He made plans to build a cabin but we haven't gotten very far just yet. Slowly sitting down on the step I run my fingers through my hair trying to not get to upset. Because there have been incidents where I turned into my raptor form, nearly clawing Owen in his sleep. Foosteps approached where I felt his arm drape over my shoulder laying my head on his shoulder. "That a girl...You're alright." Lifting my head slightly up to his I sniffed snuggling into his embrace. He rests his chin ontop of my forehead wrapping his other arm around me. "What if I can't control my turning anymore, Owen?" He pulls his head back staring down at me with those green eyes. "You're a badass, baby. As long as we're together. You can do anything."

Jewel is finally down for a nap when I plopped down on the porch swing seeing Maisie running up to me filled with excitement. Owen and I had signed the papers to call her our daughter legally. She sits down beside me bouncing her legs meaning she wants to talk about my dinosaur form. "What is it this time, Mais?" I asked turning to face her. She tucks her hair behind her ear wondering. "Can you really communicate with Blue?" Tapping my chin in thought I wasn't really sure if it was a simple answer. I had only done it the one time at the Lockwood mansion. "I suppose so. It's not an exact answer. All I know is I can understand Owen when I'm in that form too." She nodded playing with Delta's old claw necklace that I gave her when we first got home. A truck engine can be heard in the distance where we see Owen's truck pulling up and stopping. The driver door opened for him to holler closing the door. "Claire's cooking dinner, girls!" Claire closed the back door carrying bags and I nudged Maisie to go help her which she gladly does.

He strolled up to me resting his hands on my hips when I throw my arms around his neck smiling. "I thought you were a chivalrous man hmm. Why is she cooking dinner?" He throws his head back chuckling remembering that he told her that once. "Because the last time I tried to cook I nearly sat the cabin on fire." I snorted out a laugh picturing her angry face at the burnt meatloaf. We started walking back to the cabin porch until I nudged his arm. "Or how about the time we got drunk one night and left a huge mess of beer bottles and a fussy Jewel for her the next morning." He chuckled throwing his arm over my shoulder pulling me into his hip. "I thought she was gonna throw a frying pan at our heads." Once we're inside he tugs me down the small hallway and into our room shutting the door. He leans down kissing me softly tugging at the hem of my shirt but I mumbled between kisses. "Owen...we should go help..." He shakes his head no shrugging his jacket off with a smirk. "I think Claire would prefer I stay away from the stove. Besides it's been awhile since I held you in my arms like this."

Tilting my head to him I glared grabbing the front of his shirt kissing him slowly. He immediately kissed me back having me jump wrapping my legs around his waist until we fell backwards onto the bed. "It's too difficult to ignore you, Grady." He smiled playing with my hair lazily then pressing his lips to mine again. "Well I'm a lucky man to have a raptor fiancée." He pulls my shirt over my head giving me the chance to crash my lips to his. He rolled us over so he was laying on his back never breaking the kiss. My fingers knotted themselves in his hair tugging it but we suddenly break apart hearing Claire hollering from the kitchen. "Y/n, Owen, Jewel turned again and is tearing apart the steaks. Somebody help!" I started to get up feeling him grab my wrist holding me. "Owen we have to go get her." I warned feeling bad for our friend. But he smirked again tugging me backwards onto the bed, trapping me in between his arms. "She begged to be her aunt. What's she gonna do when we have our honeymoon..." I hit his chest pouting up at him where he rolled his eyes getting up until I ran pulling him backwards. He gasped getting cut off guard by me feeling me quickly kiss him whispering under my breath. "We can skip to the end of date night later." He smiled kissing me longer then running to catch our crazy child.

Not exactly sure where I was going with this part. But here it is :)

Should the reader have more scenes with Claire or Maisie?