City of Walls and Secrets

Aang, Katara, Sokka, Toph, Suhara, Ghidorah, and Momo were awaiting their arrival at Ba Sing Se within a train powered by earth benders. Katara looks out the window and spots the inner wall of the capital drawing closer.

Suhara: Earth benders are such amazing engineers. I got to take some notes while we're here.

Katara: Look, the inner wall. I can't believe we finally made it to Ba Sing Se in one piece.

Sokka: Hey don't jinx it! We could still be attacked by some giant, exploding Fire Nation spoon. Or find out the city's been submerged in an ocean full of killer shrimp.

Toph: You been hitting the cactus juice again?

Sokka: I'm just sayin', weird stuff happens to us.

Then a very strange man with a glassy stare and a large yellow plant in his mouth takes a seat between Toph and Sokka, startling them and Suhara, who is on Toph's other side, and pulled her closer to him making Toph blush. Aang looks out the window then closes his eye sadly.

Katara: Don't worry Aang, we'll find Appa.

Aang: It's such a big city.

Sokka: He's a giant bison. Where could someone possibly hide him?

The train passes through the inner wall and enters the vast, enormous city. Ba Sing Se stretches almost as far as the eye can see, and is riddled with many roads and buildings. Their car finally comes to a stop at the monorail station. All of them disembark and are greeted by another spectacular view of Ba Sing Se.

Toph: (Sighs) Back in the city. Great.

Suhara: Yep. Back to civilization. Again.

Sokka: What's the problem? It's amazing!

Toph: Just a bunch of walls and rules.

Suhara: Almost like a prison.

Toph: You wait; you'll get sick of it in a couple of days.

Aang looks at the bison whistle resting in his palm. He brings it to his lips and below it as he looks across the city.

Aang: I'm comin' for you buddy. He's here. I can feel it.

Behind the group, the monorail cars depart. On the other side of the track is a woman with long dark hair that billows in the wind. She approaches them with an unnatural smile on her face.

Joo Dee: Hello, my name is Joo Dee. I have been the great honor of showing the Avatar around Ba Sing Se. And you must be Sokka, Katara, Suhara, and Toph. Welcome to our wonderful city. Shall we get started?

Sokka: Yes. We have information about the Fire Nation army that we need to deliver to the Earth King immediately.

Joo Dee: Great, let's begin our tour. And then I'll show you to your new home here. I think you'll like it.

Joo Dee turns around and attempts to lead Aang and his friends.

Sokka: Augh! Maybe you missed what I said. We need to talk to the King about the war, it's important.

Joo Dee: You're in Ba Sing Se now. Everyone is safe here.

Everyone has a confused look on their face in reaction to Joo Dee's odd statement.

~ ~ ~

An ostrich horse pulls a carriage containing Joo Dee, Aang, and his friends through the streets. Many shops and refugees line the streets.

Joo Dee: This is the lower ring.

Katara: What's that wall for?

Joo Dee: Oh, Ba Sing Se has many walls. There are the ones outside protecting us, and the one's inside that help maintain order. This is where our newest arrivals live, as well as our craftsman and artisans, people that work with their hands.